[RG]Lan 5 - October 19-21st

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

[RG]Lan 5 - October 19-21st

Post by [RG]Rogue »

[RG]Lan 5 - 100 Gamers, 50 hours total!

RGLan Website!

Date: Friday October 19th at 6:00pm to Sunday October 21st at 8:00pm 2007

Where: Medford, Oregon at the Ramada Inn and Convention Center (hotel and reservation info on RGLan Website!)

Cost: $26.00 pre-registration / $35.00 at the door

Registration: Pre-Registration ends October 12, 2007. Registration at the door will start at 6pm, October 19th, 2007.

Tournaments:
- Call of Duty 2 - 3v3 - TDM (for BYOC)
- Halo 2 – 2v2 – Team Slayer (for Consoles)
- Trackmania Nations

Contests:
- Texas Hold 'em
- Family Feud

This event is designed to have more open play! There will be public servers for UT2k4/Carball, Team Fortress 2 (if released), and possibly more. The most popular games at the last 4 events have been BF2, CoD2, CS, UT2k4/Carball, and TrackMania Nations.

RGLan Website!

** can someone fix my links plz? And possible sticky?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Done. For future reference, use \"url\" rather than \"link\" to make link tags.

Any chance there will be Descent at your LAN?
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Lothar wrote:Any chance there will be Descent at your LAN?
X2!

Sorry, don't get me wrong.
I like that you're having a LAN and all, but how does this LAN fit in with Descent Multiplayer? :|
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

whoa!
I wasn't aware there was a clan for us rogue valley gamers.

If Descent was listed as one of the games I would be there in a hot minute! But since the only thing I play from that list is Texas hold-em I will most likely pass on this one.

I might mosey on down and check out the action just for grins tho!
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

I understand that you guys only play Descent, but it was worth a post!

I do know that if you guys come and start playing descent, others will start playing with you. Is the game cheap or free online since its an older game?

To tell ya the truth I was very excited to see other gamers from the medford / grants pass area and had to say something! We started a gaming group quite a few years ago here in the rogue valley. We generally play whats listed, but again we are open to new and old games as well.

Did I forget to mention there will be console gaming there too? Maybe some of you play consoles? You bring your own and just have fun! The first event we had I brought my nes and there ended up being a contest of high score on.. cenipede... or however you spell it :D At our LAN you never know.. on the computer side someone brought worms mayham and we all got that game quick and played it with the person who brought it! Now that was FUN!

Again, I'm just excited to know there are gamers out there in my area! I wish you guys would reconsider! I know if you play it so will we!

Is it Descent, Descent II or Descent 3 you guys play?

Anyway, take care guys and have fun!
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

[RG]Rogue wrote:Is it Descent, Descent II or Descent 3 you guys play?
All three for me.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Same here, though mostly D3.
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

A funny thing occured to me today...

A while back, I picked up Baldur's Gate 2, having played the original I was very excited! After installing the game loaded its preview game.. which was.. Descent 3~ I just remembered that after talking with you guys! Man, memories.. lol.

I chatted with another RG member and we are looking into finding D3, being an older game we shouldn't have too much trouble. If we find it and can make it available at the LAN, would you guys sign up and join us?

We'd love to meet you guys! Any ideas?
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

If D3 is beeing played, the Medford gang shows up, and I can shuffle some appointments around I'm interested. Could bring a D3 server too.
ImageImage
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

If D3 is played I will most definately be there!

I only play GW and D3 and I don't own a console at all. I would be interested in the Texas hold-em tourny too! :)

D3 is extremely cheap to buy online. Also we might be able to hook up people for free by using the no cd crack on the same install disks.

Waddya think Gren? is that a doable deal?

I am itching to get some good old fasioned D3 lanning in!
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

GW as in Guild Wars??? :D
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

yep :)
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

I'm all excited now!! But before I go on and on about GW I need to let you guys now something!

-------------

OK, there will be people at the LAN that have or can get D3. This I can assure you. If you guys could bring the D3 server that would be great. How does that sound??

--------------

GW. Polaris and I have all 4 expansions. There are a couple others who only have the first one, prophocies. We have a small guild, but no guild hall. Most of our members havent played in a long time. Do you play with a guild?

Characters you can add to your friends list (if you want to) are Celina Foehammer (me), Neomi Northstar (Polaris). Those 2 characters are 20lvl proph characters. They just made accension last weekend at PDXLan X. They can both visit the other expansions and have heroes, so no henchmen are needed!
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Most of my characters are factions and Nightfall characters. I havent picked up the latest expansion as I've been real busy showing my animals this summer.
I am currently in a guild called IKQs, but I'm not real active because of show season.
You probably wont see much of me until winter when the show season ends.

Go ahead and add the character Ritual misery to your friends list tho, I love to help out when I'm playing!

I've got A Ranger, Nuker, Monk, MM, Rit and a Dervish. All lvl 20 and pretty good characters :)

I'll probably make it to the Lan if there is a good chance D3 is gonna be played.
I'll also check with the other RV Descenters. I'm pretty sure they'll be up for some LAN action.
Maybe Grendel can stir up some of the Northern oregon peeps and get them to come. IMHO Descent is the ultimate LAN game! :)
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

Sounds good, if we see ya online we'll give ya a whisper.

D3 will be played, I made a post about D3 and you guys in our forums already, and will chat with some of the people I know! If you guys could get a group that'd be awesome!

There will be quite a few people from Portland and Washington driving down, so if you guys need to set up car pools and what not just post in our forums! I'm sure that there'd be room. Deathe (kyle) usually brings around 10 people or so and I know that there's another group from Eugene coming but not sure about numbers with them yet... just thought I'd let you guys know!
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

what's RG?
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

RG stands for RogueGamers. We are a group of gamers started here in the Rogue Valley! Our philosophy is \"it's all about having fun!\" We decided as a group to start up LAN parties and that's how [RG]Lan came to be. We've had 4 so far, all been fun and each one with sponsors! We're just a bunch of people who like to get together and play games.
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

FYI, if Gren doesn't make it with his server:

A dedicated D3 server is very easy to set up, and even a Pentium III can run multiple games at once with ease. I won't be there (spent enough money getting to two small LANs already this year), but I would be willing to volunteer some time remotely setting up a D3 dedi server if needed.
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

That will be nice..

maybe Gren can let us know if he does plan on coming and bringing his server?
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by psionik »

I can definately make that, and I can bring a server.
One thing though, You better be ready if you're letting me into your lan because I am a known maniac :D
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by psionik »

Oh yeah -

P.S.

No more pussyfooting around and deciding IF there will be descent... THERE WILL BE DESCENT IN THE ROGUE VALLEY! DESCENT INFILTRATORS: PREPARE YOUR VARIOUS INPUT DEVICES!!!
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

o_0 uh.. hehe.. we are the mediocure of evil! muahhh ahhh ahhh :evil:

kk - so you're coming and there'll be Descent 3 there! Awesome!

Looking forward to playing with you guys..

You'll have to be patient and teach me how to play, I haven't gotten past the tutorial.. probably cause I'm used to mouse/keyboard combination and couldn't get the controls the way I wanted them! LOL

Oh and get yourselves signed up on the site and registered so we know how many of you guys there'll be and chat up descent so we can all practice! And so we can all chat too! 8)
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

I Talked with Rover and Klasher. They will be there also!

Ifany of the RG clan has IRC access we have a chat channel on the gamesurge server channel is #Descent3.

Jump on in and say hello!

I'll be signing up for the lan shortly.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re:

Post by Grendel »

psionik wrote:I can definately make that, and I can bring a server.
One thing though, You better be ready if you're letting me into your lan because I am a known maniac :D
Wanna car pool ? :) I'll try to make it, signing up soon.

Edit: Signed up..
ImageImage
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

:D Yay!
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Fusion »

Hattrick wrote: Maybe Grendel can stir up some of the Northern oregon peeps and get them to come. IMHO Descent is the ultimate LAN game! :)
If it weren't for the fact that I don't get home until 6pm, I'd be interested... if there were D3 offered. My last LAN party had a dismal turnout(# of physical bodies), but had good time. Psionik, you're over by Rosevelt(sp?) High in PDX, yes? Peharps we can rig a carpool or something?. Let me check w/my work's time off hours, I might be able to get my boss to let me use some sick time hours in place of my vacation, which I need to save up on for another time.

Edit: Hatt, it would cool to cross paths w/you Rover and Klash...

Fus
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Hope you can make it Fus!
It would indeed be cool to meet up with you again!
-Hat
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Count me in, I got the time off. (10/19-21) :D Need transport to and from tho. Dad says there is a commuter flight From PDX to medford, don't know for certain.

Edit: registered
Fus
Proud member of Team [RIP]
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

If ya can't catch a carpool down. I can meet ya at the airport. Just lmk.

-Hat
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Fusion »

Hattrick wrote:If ya can't catch a carpool down. I can meet ya at the airport. Just lmk.

-Hat
Plane might be easier, how can I get a iten to you when I make the plane arangements?

Fus
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

I emailed ya with the info.

ee ya next month!

-Hat
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Hatt-
Any chance of Gonzo making an appearance?

Fus
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

There's less than 20 days til [RG]Lan 5!

Pre-registration ends October 12th!!

Make sure you register and pay before then to get the cheaper price!!

Take advantage of the pre-registration goodies! Visit [RG]Lan 5 Website today for more details!

Register and pay today!

Can't wait to see you guys there!
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Sorry, No Gonzo at the LAN Fus. He is smack dab in the middle of getting a new job going for his company. No time for Lanning. :(

WOOT!
almost LAN time!!!!
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Got my new LAN comp up & running ! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

Hey Guys..

It was excellent meeting all of you who came!

A special thanks to Grendel and Fusion, without them I would have been playing with the keyboard instead of a joystick and adapter! That rocked even though I was bad and couldnt last 10 minutes without being virtigo!

I have a request for pictures any of you guys took at the LAN! Please send them via email to delanie@rglan.com! That's me! I'll be posting more once we have a link up for [RG]Lan 5 gallery!

Thanks for showing up! It was a blast!
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

PS. The name Gonzo frightened me because i happen to know a Gonzo. What would his name happen to be? Not Mike Gonzoles?
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Was that one sweet weekend or what?

It was indeed a pleasure meeting y'all. I enjoyed every minute of the LAN!

For those of you west coasters (and those hardcore LAN attendees)you missed a heck of a good time at a nicely put together LAN. The sponsors sent some very sweet swag for the contests and the drawings!! Thanks to them Noone walked away empty handed, Well if they did it was their fault! I ended up winning a sweet power supply and ended up trading it for the Antec Sonata case another guy won!
Thanks again to the [RG]folks and the sponsors!!!

For those of you sorry peeps that didn't make it, Cheer up! you will have another chance coming next June!It may even be a 21 and over LAN. Can you say Drunk tourny??!! I will most definately be practicing up on FEAR! I owe Rogue a few deaths! I think My character has developed a complex he died so many times at her hands! :P

I will get some pics up soon and will send my random photo's sent to you soon also!

It was great meeting up with y'all! Look forward to seeing y'all again next June!

**EDIT** Nope, not the same Gonzo. Our Gonzo is my Father. A long time Descent player.
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

Thanks Hattrick! I look forward to the rematch in Fear! :)

Also, there's a very good chance that Unreal Tournament 3 will be a big deal at the next LAN. It's not a free game unfortunately but the demo is out right now, which is free.

Wade and I will be practicing Descent as well. We were discussing getting me a usb joystick and having me set up the keys how he does it, since he and I are used to fps keyboard configurations he had it set up similar. I'll give that a try. What online servers do you guys usually connect to?

Ok, I have to ask.. Grendel where are you from? I was listening to your accent but couldn't quite figure it out :)
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Most of us use Vortex to chat and find games. It has a very good tracker.Finding and joining and/or downlownloading games is the easiest with it in my opinion.

You can also just browse to the Descent.cx tracker and find a game, Write down the IP addy and join thru descent multi player via tcp/ip.

There is also Kquery. It requires a little set up. Luckily Suncho has a tutorialto help get it up and running.

All the above will get you to active games, But as I said earlier I prefer Vortex as it has a descent chat area so you can find peeps to play against and ask questions if you need to.

Hope to see you and wade in the games once in awhile!