Favorite Lan Memories

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Favorite Lan Memories

Post by Tha Rock »

Not sure if there are any old school D3'ers still posting on here.. but I'd like to see some of your favorite Lan memories.. :) I have many!!

List all the Lans you've attended
Most memorable Moment
Most funniest Moment
Most disappointing Moment
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Most disappointing is that you didn't smack that lightning-bolt beard off Sandmann :D
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

My List of Lans

Post by Tha Rock »

Hmmmm Let's see if I can remember them all.

KC Lan Fest (host CraCk) Kansas City, MO
WA Lan 1 & 2 (Stresstest) Washington
Califest 2001 & 2002 (host Sickone) Cali
Califest 2002 SpringShot (host The Rock) Cali
Califest 2003 D3 SummerJam (host The Rock) Cali
Broodfest (host Sfuzzi) Houston, TX
Vegas Lan Fest (D3 Championship) Las Vegas, NV
Not to mention the Weekly Asylum lan group.

I'll write up more on each later..
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Testiculese wrote:Most disappointing is that you didn't smack that lightning-bolt beard off Sandmann :D
I did layeth the smackdown on his candy ass at the KC Lan Fest ;) Gave him the ole right hook to the jaw! :p

How are you Testi? Long time no talk!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I'm not an old-schooler (only been playing D3 online a couple years), but I'll throw mine in:

Attended: '07 NYC LAN

Most memorable / funniest moment:
Intense CTF game getting close to the end... everyone playing is getting quiet as they start focusing intently... karaoke bar next door with someone badly crooning Dean Martin songs... John/Candyass gets killed, laughs, and says in a shot of hilarity obviously meant to break the tension... \"Nooooooooooooooob-hax!!\" Just one of the moments I remember. :lol:

Disappointing moment:
Three different D3 players showed up, and didn't play. :(
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Foil wrote:I'm not an old-schooler (only been playing D3 online a couple years), but I'll throw mine in:

Attended: '07 NYC LAN

Most memorable / funniest moment:
Intense CTF game getting close to the end... everyone playing is getting quiet as they start focusing intently... karaoke bar next door with someone badly crooning Dean Martin songs... John/Candyass gets killed, laughs, and says in a shot of hilarity obviously meant to break the tension... "Nooooooooooooooob-hax!!" Just one of the moments I remember. :lol:

Disappointing moment:
Three different D3 players showed up, and didn't play. :(
Hey Foil! thanks for contributing!!

I have a ton of funny and great memories.. I miss D3 Lans. I'm almost considering installing D3 again, and playing.. but damn I haven't played in many years!! Not even sure If I can get my 3dpro working again.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Most disappointing moment: Missing the inflatable sheep incident @ Califest.
Favorite LAN: Chicago LAN 04, small enough that you knew everyone, big enough to be continually entertaining.
Most memorable/funny moment: Was that JazzyJet who got drunk and started humping his chair at Chicago 04? Also I seem to remember Suncho after a few beers playing while trying to tilt his head upside down.
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Krom wrote:Most disappointing moment: Missing the inflatable sheep incident @ Califest.
Favorite LAN: Chicago LAN 04, small enough that you knew everyone, big enough to be continually entertaining.
Most memorable/funny moment: Was that JazzyJet who got drunk and started humping his chair at Chicago 04? Also I seem to remember Suncho after a few beers playing while trying to tilt his head upside down.
Krom!!! :) hey man! Long time no talk!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Aye ya rat bastard, what have you been up to lately anyway?
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Krom wrote:Aye ya rat bastard, what have you been up to lately anyway?
been good bro... just working a lot.. work for this really cool security company, www.ironkey.com

You playing any D3?
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tha Rock »

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Re:

Post by Krom »

Tha Rock wrote:been good bro... just working a lot.. work for this really cool security company, www.ironkey.com

You playing any D3?
Cool, I've moved to Southern Wisconsin. I've played a few games of D3 this year, last one was trying out my new cable (which is awesome), but still pretty much no interest in playing even more indiboxcyonbendancervericoseglyphic3. Pretty much one look at the gamelist a month is enough to keep me away. But if I go into chat and don't look at the gamelist I can usually scrape together a good game in a less popular level.
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tha Rock »

Uggh that sux.. no more good games in Bi3, or Pyrogrphlic.. :(

I've been wanting to install D3 again.. but damn if there aren't any good games going.. :(
ReadyMan
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by ReadyMan »

I've had quite a few...in pyroglyphic and apparition.
I've had some hillarious games in bi3 as well.

I'm only 2 or so weeks back playing, but the rust is coming off slowly :) Not that I really care at all that I'm playing poorly, it's just fun to play.

Join up Rock! Let's see you spank that tank around appa!

RM

ps--glad to hear you are doing well.
Fighting villains is what I do!
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

Krom wrote:Cool, I've moved to Southern Wisconsin.
Sweet! I think Sniper's also in the area, plus I've another friend who plays sometimes. We gotta start some kinda party some weekend!
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

ReadyMan wrote:I've had quite a few...in pyroglyphic and apparition.
I've had some hillarious games in bi3 as well.

I'm only 2 or so weeks back playing, but the rust is coming off slowly :) Not that I really care at all that I'm playing poorly, it's just fun to play.

Join up Rock! Let's see you spank that tank around appa!

RM

ps--glad to hear you are doing well.
Steve!! Hey bud... we gotta catch up..hows Dat? We should get a little lan going!! :D See if we can round up some of the NorCal D3'ers ;D I'll PM you, give you my info.
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tha Rock »

haha... I just found 5 3d pros!! now I gotta figure out how to get my 3dpro to work on XP!!
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

CALIFEST 2008 !
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Zero! wrote:CALIFEST 2008 !
o_0

Don't give me any ideaS!!! first I need to install d3 and get my 3dpros working.. once I do that, I need to get in touch with Birdseye, Vander, and a few others here in cali.. ;) Even my socal folks!!!
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re:

Post by Richard Cranium »

I might be a little late to set one up for 2008 but you could get started on it for 2009. :)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

LOL
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Ferno wrote:
LOL
Ferno! ;)

my man.. what's good bud?
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Hey Rock I'm in SoCal now so if Califest ever happens again - I'll be there ;D
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Darktalyn1 wrote:Hey Rock I'm in SoCal now so if Califest ever happens again - I'll be there ;D
DT!! Sup my man!! damn its been a minute.. u in Cali now!! nice move ;) I'm just about 8 hours north of u.. I hope by this weekend, I'll be smashin around that tank like good ole days.. ;) rep that tank!! ;)
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Haha, the [TTD] are coming back ;) True Tank Dawgs up in this thang

One thing I remember from back in the day, and honestly its been so long I don't even know how accurate it is - you were always popping up in chat as TheRock2000 and talking about it as the 2 fousand, and then when 2001 hit I figured that was the end of that.

Then the next time I saw you in chat in January 01, you started talking about \"In this 2 fousand plus 1 penny\" or something like that, and it cracked me up.

I guess now it would be the 2 fousand plus 1 nickle and 3 pennies.

Goes to show how long its been :P
Tha Rock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Tha Rock »

Darktalyn1 wrote:Haha, the [TTD] are coming back ;) True Tank Dawgs up in this thang

One thing I remember from back in the day, and honestly its been so long I don't even know how accurate it is - you were always popping up in chat as TheRock2000 and talking about it as the 2 fousand, and then when 2001 hit I figured that was the end of that.

Then the next time I saw you in chat in January 01, you started talking about "In this 2 fousand plus 1 penny" or something like that, and it cracked me up.

I guess now it would be the 2 fousand plus 1 nickle and 3 pennies.

Goes to show how long its been :P
TTD comin back in 08!!!! ;) u got a pretty good memory DT.. funny ★■◆●.. those were the days! haha :P
JazzyJet
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JazzyJet »

Sup Rock=)

So many good memories I can't list them all
Califests were awesome and intense
Chicago was an absolute blast
Houston w Datguy was amazing
Indy/Michigan lans amazing the 59 guys, so much love
Clays wife makes the best eggs, way fun in seattle

Dang that's a lot of places and a lot of amazing memories with amazing people.

I'd like to see Sunchos list=)

*edit* I'm quite certain that a high class man like myself would most probably not have made any sort of sexual advances to a chair.
hehe fun times
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Niagara Lan in 2000 I think. CDN_Wingy hosted it at his place. Met Testi, 2 other s from the US, a few from the TO area and I came down with Puffer, Gog, Baal, and one other in a minivan.

Was a great lan to have since Wingy had driven to Ottawa to to come to Gog's LAN twice.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Never been to a lan but always fantasized about it, I'm a NorCal D3er (going down to socal for school in less than a month) n if someone was actually willing to throw one, I'd be there... Rock you should def pick up the game again, a bunch of oldies are coming back that haven't been seen much earlier, like JF, DT, n JJ. Plus you still got zero n behemoth to handle you whenever you like. As for games, if you don't like the selection then jump into chat n ask any of the aforemented plus me, cloud, darknight, etc. and we are always up to start a game in one of the \"other\" levels. Join us and help show the new school (me) what old school is all about
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

lol@australian lan
suncho you are one cool dude, it was nice meeting you.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Threads like this remind me to check out .net a little more often.

Been to 4 LAN's

One WW lan ( the one at Rico's )
SQN LAN 1&2 (or should 2 actually be 1 1/2?)
and last years RG LAN (where 6 of us invaded a groundpounder LAN and led the admins to the \"Dark side\");)

I think the most memorable/funny was helping tape Neut to his chair so he could fly the drunk tourney only to have him sit in glyphics ship spinning, hitting the \"I'm buzzing buddy\" taunt over and over again.
Later he yak'd in Rico's wifes flower bed. Not to worry tho,When Dan (aka The Rock) saw it he covered it up with his own stomach contents!
Sorry Dan! You know I love ya bro! <3

hmm, most dissapointing Had to be SQN lan 1 when my vid card took a dump right in the middle of our 4v4 match. :(.

I do miss LANning with the D3 peeps, If someone would organize another west coast D3 event, I would be there in a hot second!
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Klaymation LAN, Dec 03/4Can't remember. Was @ [VON}Klay's Garage. Was in a Garage of PC's w/me and my Mac G4. Met Gren, [VON]'s Klay/RC/Vulcan, as well as others. Impressed Stress being able to LAN w/a Mac.
[SQN]_V Lan, @ Hat's place. again w/Mac G4 IIRC, brought my little Win box as well. Helped Drakona and Lothar w/D3edit to convert Lothar's Tetrafusion to D3. Wasn't a perfect conversion, but it worked.
[NuB]Lan, 04 at SilverGST's house. Used Loaner box, as I was flying cross country (literally).
Red Barchetta's LAN, the next year. Loaner box again good times.
PDX Lan, run by the PDXLAN ppl. Cool cases there,was just me and Gren there playing D3. Mainly a Groundpounder lan, walking Distance from home. (Literaly)
[RIP]Lan, ran by [RIP]Thunderbunny. First LAN that I brought my laptop as my gaming rig.
[RG]Lan, a year or 2 ago. Had my Laptop again. Met up w/Gren, Hat,Rover,and Klasher again and met Psion for the first time. Took over about half of a table in a Room of PC and X Box Groundpounders. Even got a couple of the admins playing w/us.

Fus
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

Hey to Hattrick and Fusion!

I was one of those admins at [RG]Lan ;D and it was definitely a blast to try out Descent for the first time. Thanks to Gren I was able to play using his gismo's and joystick.

Keep in touch and the next time we have an event you guys are more than welcome to fill a table! Maybe Polaris and I will play again.

===

edit: Oh and I've been to a few LANs though not playing Descent. I am partial to the Unreal Tournament series and used to play a lot of MOHAA which turned me away from COD but I have played some COD4. I mainly play RPGs and MMOs.

PDXLan 1,3,4,10 (staff'd at 4 so took a big break for personal reasons)
ShowdownLAN 2008 San Mateo, CA (that was fun last weekend! and will do it again next year)
[RG]Lan admin 1,2,3,4,5,5.5,and6! (ps. I think you guys were at 5)
Want to do DamnLan and a few others up in the portland/washington area as I have friends up there.
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Hi Rogue!

Keep us posted for sure!. Us west coast Descenters are always up for a LAN and y'alls last lan was a blast for sure!
Tell Polaris I said hello!
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Fusion »

Hattrick wrote:Hi Rogue!

Keep us posted for sure!. Us west coast Descenters are always up for a LAN and y'alls last lan was a blast for sure!
Tell Polaris I said hello!
X2!
Fus
Proud member of Team [RIP]
[RG]Rogue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RG]Rogue »

Will do guys :)
=======================
[RG]Rogue
delanie@rglan.com
=======================
BIGRYE_MD
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by BIGRYE_MD »

Just putting up a post here. Haven't played D3 in a long, long time.
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Jesus Freak »

BIGRYE_MD wrote:Just putting up a post here. Haven't played D3 in a long, long time.
OMG IT'S BIGRYE. I remember you from {DmC}, or {DS}.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Ewww - watch out Tha ROCK is back :-)

I've been at more than 23 Descent LANs yet - my favorite one so far was the Do_LAN_6 2006 I think. Five days of party with almost 50 crazy people - phantastic!

Image Image Image Image