Co-op Play with Scare...

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Co-op Play with Scare...

Post by Canuck »

Dear Scare, when playing Co-op the idea is to rescue the hostages, kill the robots, wait until everyone is ready for the exit THEN destroy the rector. You left me with the hostages deep in the mine and then blew the reactor without warning. I for one will be skipping your Co-op games until you learn to play well with others. Any money your an only child.

Nuck out.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Hah. He does seem to be the silent-not-really-caring-what-happens type. Has he taken to speed running? And I thought he usually flys the darn Tank. :P

I usually call his games \"the game of the flying dead\" he's so quiet.

BTW, I'm an only child too! XD
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Pandora »

NUMBERZero wrote:the game of the flying dead"
LOL.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Why is this such a big deal? Really, I know its common courtesy to let others get out alive, but no reason for people to get hostile about it.
BTW, this wasn't directed entirely at you Canuck
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

It's called cooperative play. Not every man for himself. You could at LEAST give the courtesy of letting the others know the level is ending or that the reactor is being blown. Otherwise we would just play solo.

Some dork came into a coop the other day and started TK'ing. That's generally something that doesn't happen in Descent. I told him that this was coop and to knock it off, he told me to F/O and mind my own business. I left. If this is what we've boiled down to, I doubt I'll play on line anymore.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

If someone wants to play like that, they can play singleplayer.

I only play co-op with others who use Teamspeak...

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Sirius »

Duper wrote:Some dork came into a coop the other day and started TK'ing. That's generally something that doesn't happen in Descent. I told him that this was coop and to knock it off, he told me to F/O and mind my own business. I left. If this is what we've boiled down to, I doubt I'll play on line anymore.
To me it sounds like a good opportunity to bump my % some on him...
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

If only D3 had built-in voice :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Honestly, most folks use Ventrilo or Teamspeak2. CoD4 has in game voice and it's very VERY seldom used. If you're a consoler, then I can understand why it would make sense to have game supported voice. :)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I played Co-op with the guy before and he seemed impatient and not wanting to play as a team player. I gave him a few chances and he just does whatever he wants. I had the hostages... and was on the opposite end of the mine when he blew the reactor. He wants the big points for the reactor kill without fighting all the bots, rescuing hostages, or exploring the level.

Next time Scare start an anarchy game so at least we can have some fun. Better yet join in so Sirius can range in his vauss.
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Co-op Play with Scare...

Post by Thomas01 »

Canuck wrote:Dear Scare, when playing Co-op the idea is to rescue the hostages, kill the robots, wait until everyone is ready for the exit THEN destroy the rector.
No! Leave the rector alone. ;)

Since most levels roll over after the reactor has been destroyed (but again, don't touch the rector), it's a real pity that you had to start playing that level again, unless it crashed. What a nightmare! ;)
I really hope you could sleep after that dilemma! ;)

No offense, Canuck, but I think that's not just slightly over the top.

Rest assured that Scare was not after the points for killing the reactor. That's only something a child would worry about.

Speaking about children and age, I reckon that there are at least 40 years difference between yours and Scare's life experience. Oh, yes, there's nothing more important in Scare's life than raking in the points for killing the reactor. ROTFL.

But it seems like it is the most important thing in your life. ;)

Another option would have been to just ask him why he didn't wait for you on that day. He usually always waits, in particular for players who don't know the level.

Anyway, thanks for this ridiculous thread, Canuck. You made my day! ;)
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Thomas01 »

Duper wrote:Some dork came into a coop the other day and started TK'ing. That's generally something that doesn't happen in Descent. I told him that this was coop and to knock it off, he told me to F/O and mind my own business. I left. If this is what we've boiled down to, I doubt I'll play on line anymore.
Alexi's co-op.d3m (http://www.dateiliste.com/en/descent-3/ ... -mode.html) takes care of this automatically. The attacker sees the boot very quickly.

No idea which server it was, but if that file was used you probably should have stayed 60 seconds longer and see him go.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

this lasted a half hour.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Thomas01 wrote: Alexi's co-op.d3m (http://www.dateiliste.com/en/descent-3/ ... -mode.html) takes care of this automatically. The attacker sees the boot very quickly.
Um, some of us do a lot of accidental TK-ing because we suck... that may be just me.. :D
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Thomas01 »

S13driftAZ wrote:Um, some of us do a lot of accidental TK-ing because we suck... that may be just me.. :D
That's why I like co-op more than anarchy. Not everything that moves is a good target. ;)

It happens, yes, but that means you start at the waypoint again without weapons. If you don't like it, try not to make mistakes, or play anarchy. :D
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It's pretty easy to tell a \"noob\" TK apart from an intentional one, though. Unless they just make it look like an accident, but then the victim probably won't know to get infuriated over it.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Thomas01 wrote:
Speaking about children and age, I reckon that there are at least 40 years difference between yours and Scare's life experience. /snip

age? that either puts Scare in his tweens or in his golden years.

I suppose I should tell you what Canuck's age is Thomas but that would ruin some of the fun. If you knew him a quarter as well as I do, you'd know that this isn't a ridiculous thread at all.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Thomas you don't have a clue what your talking about. I'm glad I made your day... enjoy your little fantasy that you created. I talked to this guy on several occasions on how co-op works and asked him to please stop blowing reactors without warning. Lets jump in a Co-op game and I'll blow the reactor every chance I get while you go and battle the bots and pickup the hostages. Then come back and tell us how much fun that is.

P.S. Scare your kid?
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by NUMBERZero »

Duper wrote: Some dork came into a coop the other day and started TK'ing. That's generally something that doesn't happen in Descent. I told him that this was coop and to knock it off, he told me to F/O and mind my own business. I left. If this is what we've boiled down to, I doubt I'll play on line anymore.
There is a strong possibility that that was Geordon. He goes by 18 other names. His most recent is Charly and Monster Nerd. His old time favorites are Wolfman and Geordon. He ALWAYS flys the BP unless he's Charly, then it's GL. What you want to do is shoot him enough to get him runnung, then shoot to kill. Once he dies, he will usually leave. Just watch out for team damage/kill kick.
Do you happen to remember what your killer's name was?

BTW, what's your pilot name and when do you usually fly?
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

\"Duper\" Or Duperman, but mostly Duper. I don't use aliaseses. :lol:
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Thomas01 »

Ferno wrote:
Thomas01 wrote:
Speaking about children and age, I reckon that there are at least 40 years difference between yours and Scare's life experience. /snip

If that makes it an "either" for you, Ferno, then I think you should go back to primary school and have a serious talk with your former maths teacher.
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Thomas01 »

NUMBERZero wrote:There is a strong possibility that that was Geordon. He goes by 18 other names. His most recent is Charly and Monster Nerd.
He in fact played as Scare before, but since Canuck mentioned it was Scare's server (telling me that Scare was the red pilot) I doubt that this was the case here.

Charly can't host servers.
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Thomas01 »

Canuck wrote:Thomas you don't have a clue what your talking about.
No, I have no clue. I've only been playing with Scare for a couple of years now.
Canuck wrote:Lets jump in a Co-op game and I'll blow the reactor every chance I get while you go and battle the bots and pickup the hostages. Then come back and tell us how much fun that is.
The servers are on. Choose one. You got half an hour, because then I have to go to bed.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Thomas01 wrote:
Ferno wrote:
Thomas01 wrote: ...40 years difference between yours and Scare's life experience.
If that makes it an "either" for you, Ferno, then I think you should go back to primary school and have a serious talk with your former maths teacher.
Maybe you should be the one doing some review, Thomas.

"Difference" can be either [F] - [C] (e.g. Ferno's older, meaning Scare is in his tweens) or [C] - [F] (e.g. Ferno's younger, meaning Scare is in his golden years).

Given Scare's attitude indicated by the original post, I find the former more likely.

-----------------

All the dispute aside, the point of this thread is really, "How should co-op players treat each other?".

The answer to that is simple, and implied by the name of the game mode: "cooperatively" (e.g. using teamwork).

Blowing the reactor without warning may not be quite as offensive as team-killing or blatant harassment, but it's certainly on par with anti-team tactics like spew-stealing, etc.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

I don't remember someone called 'Scare' but I do remember someone fitting the description of being the 'silent' playing co-op for himself type.
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Thomas01 »

PJB wrote:I don't remember someone called 'Scare' but I do remember someone fitting the description of being the 'silent' playing co-op for himself type.
Yeah, that could have been this useless monkey I played with last Sunday. Couldn't speak a word of English, and I had to teach him how to press the F8 key first. Disgusting, I can tell you!

In case you still didn't get it: I think your post was as useful as a fork is for soup!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

There is only one way I can see this thread ending, and it involves measuring tapes.

Well, two if the lock hits it first.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Thomas your as abrasive as 20 grit sandpaper, I've never met you or I think even played you yet you seem to think snide remarks and insults are the order of the day. You are obviously Scare's Daddy and I can see the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. You show no respect and insist on being a giant douche to a whole bunch of people in this thread... brilliant.

Edit: and X2 what Foil said... Co-op means Co-op.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Thomas01 »

I believe that I can shed some light on this. ;-)

The TK was an accident, and the one who told you to "shutup" (not F/O) was the one who got killed, which was WillyP's son, of whom I believe is 12 years old.

From the log I can't tell whether he meant you or not, but it was the message between your co-op reminder and when you left the game.

Also, there was no 30 minutes teamkilling, because the server chucks the attacker out after just a few attempts. ;)

I understand that sometimes the remaining impression is different from what a log file proves. That's why it's often better to hold sensations back unless you're 100 percent sure they're accurate enough.

Another "evil pilot" discovered that doesn't exist. ;)
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Thomas01 »

Canuck wrote:Thomas your as abrasive as 20 grit sandpaper
That's right.

I don't like it when someone denounces other people publicly without further investigation beforehand.

As I said, you could have *asked Scare* before posting here, for example. It wouldn't have taken the brain of an adult to do this. That's got something to do with what people call common sense.

It's a real pity that in-game servers don't produce log files. I really would like to have a look at those particular lines where someone took your toys away by blowing up a reactor that forced you to go for the hard job of playing the whole mission all over again. ;-)

That's my final advice, by the way. Just play it again. It's a computer game. That's what it was created for: To be played. ;-)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Umm what part of Co-op don't you understand? Stop defending a poor player and ridiculing me, I for one just wont join a Co-op game with Scare in it... problem solved. I told you before Thomas I already had many chats with Scare before hand in previous sessions and just like you its like talking to a sack of hammers. Why don't you hop into a game with me and back up your manly trash talk? Otherwise you can go pound sand.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

If that makes it an \"either\" for you, Ferno, then I think you should go back to primary school and have a serious talk with your former maths teacher.
well, that's a huge fail on the reading comprehension. I don't know if anyone's told you but I am not someone you want to argue with. I'm the one with the big stick in here.

Now quit arguing with everyone in here.