Descent Multiplayer Videos

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

nitrotomato
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent Multiplayer Videos

Post by nitrotomato »

Hi.

I'm Tomato, and I'm a Kali player. I play D2 mostly over Kali almost on a nightly basis, and, yes, although it is an outdated medium by comparison to UDP, the people there are fun and the atmosphere is fantastic, and it is a shame to see it die out. I want to recruit more players for us! There is a massive skill spectrum on Kali, ranging from players who spend half their time flying into walls to players who can kill you so fast you don't even know what's happening.

This is an experience I feel is lost on many people today because they are unsure how to set up UDP games or they don't know about Kali. So at the moment I am writing a kind of, illustrated Kali installation guide, which is useful to the more nooby of us who maybe want some help setting it all up! I don't know what the interest is in this, but maybe someone will find it helpful somewhere.

To the thread title. To give people a taste of what the earlier Descents (1 and 2) can play like, and to give an idea of the positivity of the little hassle that I feel setting up Kali has with it, I have posted many videos of multiplayer gameplays on Youtube. Some of them are, IMHO, really really good games, and were fun to play, watch and make! I created a play list on Youtube with all my current Descent videos, all there for your viewing pleasure! Feel free to leave feedback, anything else! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 72474ECED3
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

I should dig out the old zip drive and CD's loaded with demos from '95-99. I wonder where all that stuff is ...
Swazook
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Swazook »

Great videos Tomato
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Aha... I once considered making videos like this, but never got around to it (screen capture slowed things down a little too much). Nice to see someone did though! They show a lot about D1/2's strengths in multiplayer too - the match vs. Warlord was quite fun to watch (plus, those mercury missiles of yours... your aim is brutal!).
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I'd play Kali if I didn't have to buy a subscription, and if I had the time to devote to it (funds and time are tight right now with university and all). As it is I play D2 lans with my brother and a friend as much as I can (We tried the Descent Maximum anarchy set once and, except for the last level, it was pretty fun). We usually play a bunch of multiplayer levels by Kruel, Nirvana, Solrazor and Sirius that I added robots into (because we like Robo-Anarchy.)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Mater boy is my beeeotch >:)
Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Ryujin »

Played some D1 on Kali Sat evening. Old school!
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Watching a few of those reminded me. I should have recorded a few games from the D2 Revival Phaser use to host. She was really good at getting players together.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Soon as we can get Kali to work for us I will be playing Descent again!!! :)
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I would love to play some games of D1, if anyone is interested.
MadJoca
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Descent Multiplayer Videos

Post by MadJoca »

Im playing Urban Terror now a days. Descent need to come back !!!