The Descent Rangers was alive and kicking!!!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

The Descent Rangers was alive and kicking!!!

Post by Gold Leader »

Hi all :)

Thx to the Verran and the rest of the Descent Rangers crew they have anew place and I'm like every new place deserves a new face right!

so here it is for the ones that do not know this :)

We also seek new people from all over the world it does not matter from what country you are from, all we want is to have fun and play a few scored or fun games with each other, to keep the Descent spirit alive as the Holder of the World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection I will help this old veteran clan relive it's life, as it did when it was blooming in the Golden Era of 1994 to 2003, this is the golden era of VGA card and gaming.

We also have a Steam Group which is here:

Download & install Steam here:
http://store.steampowered.com/

Then PM me for my details :)

Let loose the Descent Ranger Bears my comrades :D

Anyways new people are welcome you can also send me a Private message here @ DBB.com for more information to get on Mumble.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: The Descent Rangers is alive and kicking!!!

Post by Canuck »

Thanks Gold Leader, the new Domain is at;
http://www.descentrangers.com

We use Rebirth version .56 right now and have several D3 players in the league as well. Please ignore the shenanigans at our previous site... the owner just doesn't seem to want to play well with others, doesn't play Descent anymore, and now just likes pushing buttons and screeching at the Innernet.

Nuck out.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

yeah norries Canuck I also posted on 6 other major pages go to Descent Pilots group for the other 8 major places I posted this news and oh all the pics link to the correct pages now hehe, Verran told me that after I posted the one @ rebirth which was the first one hehe :mrgreen: :E
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Bump... we have had five brand new pilots to D1 and D2 apply recently at the new site; http://www.descentrangers.com/

I recently finished playing games with Skunk, Sirius, Pfunk, Kolo, and others such as Cemada, Cajunace, Wavetrades, Verran, and Tigeron just to mention a few names. To say that sometimes it gets competitive is an understatement, but yet with our rules and scoring structure we still have room for all skill levels here. Please drop by and check out DXX Rebirth .56 and soon .57 with a built in tracker.

We have about 36 active pilots or more.. maybe 40, haven't been on too much recently due to work. Anyways all you D3 players drop by for some fun and great times... D1 and D2 @ 1900x1200 is sweet.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: The Descent Rangers was alive and kicking!!!

Post by Gold Leader »

After being banned from the DR's and their mumble server , A Future Pilot came up with a much better solution :)

He has a Mumble server here in the EU, which allows more European members tom come together and beta test for D2X-XL, DXX-Rebirth and some Descent3 mods out there.

Server Name: UK Game
Address: mumble.ukgame.com
Port: 51505
Password: (Will be PM'd, if wanted to become a member)

With this we can now communicate easier during out beta test runs, which is a much better system that being part of some clan, all they want is to score games and so on which is understandable for them, but not important as being useless to a beta tester.

With this we can beta test more securely

I had a lot of fun in the Descent Rangers that's not it, only being banned without any particular warning felt odd for the second time :roll:

So form this point I have no more interests in clans ;)

Hereby I wish the Descent Rangers all the best, so here is your Octopus:
Image :E