Descent for WiiWare & Descent 4?

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Kevin
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent for WiiWare & Descent 4?

Post by Kevin »

Emailed Interplay a while back, got some info... well a reply, and thought I'd share the response:
-------
Kevin,
There is no eta for Descent WiiWare at this time. We're waiting for
the contractor to finish the game.

We've talked about doing a new Descent game, but nothing has been
announced at this time and we're not allowed to talk about games until
they've been announced.

Thanks for writing!

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 12 15:55:34

Have a few questions for you awesome guys & gals:

Do you have an ETA on Descent for Wiiware?

Is there any plans to ever make a Descent 4?

Thanks,
Kevin
-----

So yea, not much, but I;m looking forward to playing it on the Wii! Hopefully, since they didn't give a flat out NO to Descent 4, they may have something in the works.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: Descent for WiiWare & Descent 4?

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I figured once they put out the polls as to which games we wanted to see back, Descent would be one of them. They have sold tons on GOG so there is interest.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I honestly think they might have missed the boat on the WiiWare release by now - unless the Wii U is backward-compatible with them, in which case they might find some interest.
roncli
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by roncli »

I can confirm the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii, my nephew got a U for Christmas.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Sucks too it has been over two years since the contract developer agreed to host Vignettes as an additional mission alongside First Strike. We even have a signed contract and EVERYTHING by all parties involved. So legally, its done. But we've seen nothing as a result of it. :rant:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I'm thinking that some of it may be Nintendo's QA cycle. It's brutal and very prolongated. That is one of the reason that there isn't a ton of software/games written for Wii or other Nin products. Also, they're building their own online store and there may be some conflict as to cost, rights and ownership. We all know how Interplay likes to hold all the cards. It would seem that Nintendo does too.

Personally, I think they missed the boat on this one and they will deliver too late to market.