Changes to Descentforum.NET servers

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Changes to Descentforum.NET servers

Post by Do_Checkor »

G'day fellas!

A couple of enhancements have been added to the game servers of Descentforum.NET.

First of all, I am testing a new "profanity monitor" system to get closer the goal of serving a more decent spot for players. There have been a couple of pleople complaining about a minor amount of players who would be very chatty, while also insulting, offending, yes even cussing and so on.

This game is allowed for people from 12 years. Can we really accept people calling others "★■◆●" or "whore"? I think that's a little beyond.

Thomas from Dateiliste coded some pretty brilliant additions to D3Server3 (by my request) to enable a feature where people get a warning when they start swearing, get kicked when ignoring the warning twice, and will get a ban after that if they are still overding (I also receive emails on every event of the above).

The reliability on all the services we provice through Descentforum.NET will be way more reliable after I installed some powerfull scripts - emailing be errors or will automatically restart services. Backup jobs, compressions, archiving, startup of services and tools and so on includeed.

Another major enhancement to the Descentforum.NET project is :

I am opening the Descentforum.NET/SOD (server on demand system - a webinterface way to launch D3 servers by very simple forms - easy to use even for people new to Descent) to the public. Until today this was available only to the donators and paying members of Descentforum.NET (costs me about 100$ each month). You can request an account via IM, PM, email if you just include an easy password).

In the future I will add features and I might be extending the SOD by integrating the user database of this forum. Might take a while, though.

A second SOD on Descentforum.DE / Descentforum.NET 4 is possible. This would be a BOZ SOD - where you can configure the amount and strength of opponents. Might be available in autumn this year - all depending on the response of the community.

That's it

Thanks!

Do_Checkor
Last edited by Do_Checkor on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: notification enabled
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Changes to Descentforum.NET servers

Post by Foil »

Do_Checkor wrote: A second SOD on Descentforum.DE / Descentforum.NET 4 is possible. This would be a BOZ SOD - where you can configure the amount and strength of opponents. Might be available in autumn this year - all depending on the response of the community.
Ooooh... count me in as a supporter for that one.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I wonder what happened to SHIVA who created the Server on Demand script way back in the early 2000's? He lived in my city and I even Lanned with him but they he disappeared.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Foil wrote: Ooooh... count me in as a supporter for that one.

Good to know! :-)
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

In case someone missed it:

The Descentforum.NET server on demand system is now available for everyone (not only paying / contributing members) and there is a test account available - for those who'd like to have a peek. Check this out, if you are interested:

http://www.dateiliste.com/de/descent-3/ ... emand.html

Also: The BOZ SOD is now beeing developed.

cheers!
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

The BOZ SOD tool a while because of so many other topics which needed addressing.

However: The early version is now available.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15534&p=328534&sid= ... 17#p328534