Descent on Steam

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Guss
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent on Steam

Post by Guss »

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that they put the Descent Trilogy in the steam library. 6.99 for D1, 9.99 for D2 and D3.

I have the original discs for the trilogy myself but I was wondering if anyone has this and knows what this version is like compared to the original, ie if it has the Merc pack, which patch version, etc. I have a ★■◆● ton of old levels from the PXO days and I don't know if it's possible to use them with the steam version. I would think that I would be able to get the steam version for free somehow because I already have the game. Maybe I'll have to contact support about that.

Anyone see this? Anyone know anything about them?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Descent on Steam

Post by Krom »

The steam editions contain:
Descent 1 version 1.4a
Descent 2 version 1.1
Descent 3 version 1.4 (with the Mercenary expansion pack).

The only notable absence is the D2 Vertigo mission set, however if you have the original D2 Vertigo CD you can install it into the steam edition and it should work fine.

All your PXO era levels should work fine with the steam version of Descent 3.

You can not get free copies off steam even if you already own the original disks (there were never any CD keys which would be necessary to register on steam).
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Descent on Steam

Post by Sirius »

It would make things quite a lot easier if they'd get around to releasing Vertigo through this mechanism. As it stands, people who bought D2 from GoG or Steam can't play Hoard without resorting to piracy. (Unless they find a copy of Vertigo on eBay or something... which is unlikely to be cost-effective.)