Descent 3 - patch 1.5 in the works again?

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Descent 3 - patch 1.5 in the works again?

Post by Do_Checkor »

In case anyone missed this:

It appears that Kevin Bentley (kevlar) and Jeff Sutter recently continued working on the 1.5 patch for Descent 3 again.

I know that people might have "various opinions" about this. And I know that not all of these opinions are positive.

Anyway. I am VERY happy about this and consider it as brilliant news!

Source:

With a final confirmation from Matt Toschlog, that he'd be fine with Kevin's patch ambitions:
MATT TOSCHLOG, DESCENT 5 points 3 days ago
As Kevin said, he and Jeff Sutter are working on it, so I'm hopeful we'll have a 1.5 release soon.
At least another chance for the patch - after all those years :)
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Descent 3 - patch 1.5 in the works again?

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I thought it was awesome that they were talking about this.

There was passing mention by some of the Revival folks, more than once, of a desire to release the D3 source code. :( :D That's not a guarantee that anything will happen, but it shows it's a thought at least.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:I thought it was awesome that they were talking about this.

There was passing mention by some of the Revival folks, more than once, of a desire to release the D3 source code. :( :D That's not a guarantee that anything will happen, but it shows it's a thought at least.
Specifically, they said that they want to but that it's too complicated because of the way the IP is bound together, so the best they can do is the 1.5 patch.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

If it helps me enjoy trying to run D3 on Windows 10 more than filling out my tax return, I'm not complaining.