Let's Play CTF! Round #20!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Let's Play CTF! Round #20!

Post by Lady Silver »

Hello again Descent 3 pilots,
I remember playing a CTF game with the VEX clan last year in Abend 2. It's an interesting level to play CTF in and I thought it would be fun to play it again! How 'bout it?

Date: Friday, June 17th
Time: 9:00 pm EST
Place: CTF in Abend 2

I think I should also mention that many of us like to meet on Mumble in the Descent Rangers channel, and whoever plays is more than welcome to join us!
Link to download Mumble: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
Link to get to the channel: mumble://mumble.descentrangers.com:31393
We don't always use it strategically; sometimes it's just to taunt each other and have fun. But it makes it easier to keep track of what is going on. :)

These games can be found using the Descent trackers (such as http://www.descentservers.net/index.php?show=d3_server), but I will also provide IP addresses later on.

Please let me know if you plan to make it; I like having an idea of how many pilots are coming so I can lure more pilots in with the numbers. ;)

This invite is being posted on the Descent Champion's Ladder forum, the Descent Bulletin Board and the Descendent Studios forum.

Thanks goes to Krom for hosting the servers for us!

LET'S PLAY SOME CTF! :)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Let's Play CTF! Round #20!

Post by Lady Silver »

Ok, pilots, IP address as promised: 69.131.84.7:2092

Game begins in an hour!
Prepare for Descent!
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Maybe one day I'll return to these... Haven't had a chance lately.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Yes, Hunter you should join us again! I was going to ask if that was you I saw the other day in The Core, but you answered my question in the neighboring thread.

We had a good game Friday night! A total of 7 pilots showed up to fly the mines this time, which was definitely enough for an intense game of CTF. The first game was cut short by the server timing out, but we played the second game through to the bitter end; with the enemy (red) team claiming victory by a fair margin. Well played, guys!

With Independance Day weekend coming up I'm not sure when the next game will be. Perhaps July 8th.

I'm running out of good ideas for levels/mods to play - If you have a request, please let me know!

See you in the mines!
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Yeah that's not me. Even back in the PXO days I almost always used aliases, since Hunter or Hunter-like names are pretty common. That other Hunter is mostly a Subway/Abend player (Booo :P ). I was thinking of changing my nickname, but that'd be a headache trying to get all the different forum admins to help with that.

I just don't get the time, as your games tend to be around my morning / afternoon. But I'll be sure to swing by eventually.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Hey guys, if someone is willing to get me set up with D3 I'd be interested in playing, whatever the level/match is
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Hunter: What if you just made an "Also Known As" signature instead of changing your name everywhere? You could just use the new name in game?
Also, I tried hosting an across-the-pond-time-friendly server on a Sunday a few times, but it didn't catch on. IDK

Birdseye: That would be excellent!
What do you need help with? My knowledge is limited, but maybe I can recruit Roncli for any questions I can't answer; as he has wrestled with, and I believe finally conquered, getting D3 to work on Windows 10.

BTW, you flew a little bit with my brother, Sergeant Thorne, back in the day, didn't you?
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Across the pond games were even worse, because that's like the middle of the night here.

As I haven't played competitively for a decade it's not really a big deal who flies as Hunter now. I don't have an image to protect :P
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I would run across this almost two weeks after the event... :/
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

That's ok, D3Jake, we have one just about every 2 weeks, so you can join our next one! ;)
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Excellent. Thank you!
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

This has been going on for months Jake :P