Let's Play CTF! Round #22!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Let's Play CTF! Round #22!

Post by Lady Silver »

This week Birddog has requested we play D3 in Varicose Veins. Sounds like a plan; I love this level. :)

Edited 7/21/16

Date: Friday, July 22nd
Time: 9:00 pm EST
Place: CTF Varicose Veins

I think I should also mention that many of us like to meet on Mumble in the Descent Rangers channel, and whoever plays is more than welcome to join us!
Link to download Mumble: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
Link to get to the channel: mumble://mumble.descentrangers.com:31393
We don't always use it strategically; sometimes it's just to taunt each other and have fun. But it makes it easier to keep track of what is going on. :)

These games can be found using the Descent trackers (such as http://www.descentservers.net/index.php?show=d3_server) but I will also provide the IP address later on.

Please let me know if you plan to make it; I like having an idea of how many pilots are coming so I can lure more pilots in with the numbers. ;)

This invite is being posted on the Descent Champion's Ladder forum, the Descent Bulletin Board, the Descendent Studios forum and the Descent 3 group Facebook page.

Thanks goes to Krom for hosting the server for us!

LET'S PLAY SOME CTF! :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Let's Play CTF! Round #22!

Post by Krom »

I did set up D3 to host servers on an old laptop I had sitting around, its smaller and generates a lot less heat/noise and uses a lot less power than the machine I was using. However, I'm somewhat concerned about the network port in it which might be failing, so a day when you have a different server lined up just in case would be perfect. I'll try to leave it running before I head out on Friday.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Alright Krom, thanks!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I'm not sure the bandwidth on my server will suffice for more than 6-8 players or so on a Friday night, when we have other activity on that same connection, which uses an old DOCSIS 2 modem.

I'd suggest using Krom's server, if it's running okay, and just use mine as a backup.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Roger that, Foil.
So much for not bothering you guys this time around ;) hehe
Thanks! :)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Why not try something besides CTF.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

I'm always open for suggestions, Sigma. What did you have in mind?
It's just that, as far as Descent 3 team games go, I think CTF is the most popular. But we've also played Entropy and Breakout.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Game starts in 1 hour!
IP: 75.100.46.218:2092

Prepare for Descent!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Try these Russian servers for example.
http://www.descentservers.net/index.php?show=d3_server
Of course, this is for variety basically

P.S. I'm a fan DM-TDM actually.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Well, it was still working and had 6 players in it when I got home and checked the trackers, so I guess it works. Not bad for a laptop that is almost 9 years old. :P

How did it perform overall? Slightly better or more consistent ping times perhaps?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

The essence in mode and mods, of course. Not necessarily only this, but something like. You know in short.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Sigma: I think we've played TDM at least once. If you would like to join in we can certainly do that again.
Hmmm, it looks like the only Russian servers up at the moment are Subway Dancer variants; I'm really not a fan of SD.
How is the ping for you in the German servers? Maybe we can meet in the middle. :) Let me know; I'll see if I can get a couple pilots together if you want to play.

Krom: The server was just fine, thank you! I noticed we got a little loss once in a while, but it didn't happen often and we had a great game!
Thanks again!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I monitor the trackers from time to time, I saw.
On the German servers I have almost never red ping, although it depends not only on the country, as you know.

P.S. The fact is that now the summer season, I live mostly in the country house, which is not always such a stable internet connection for games, as in Moscow, moreover, in the morning and in the evening I'm fishing.