Wierd speed problems?

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Sligar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Wierd speed problems?

Post by Sligar »

Does anyone know of any bugs in D3 with speed problems? Lots of people have accused me lately of having a speed hack, its getting really irritating. I recently installed merc along with the 1.4 patch, is there some way I could be moving too fast? Sometimes my ship feels really slow, like moving through molasses. Other times it feels fast.
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Couver_ »

I have played you a couple times and you have "warped" a couple times due to packet loss.. But you seem normal the last 3-4 games we have played other then that...
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arbitar »

Do you use an optical mouse? Weird question I know, but I am having a odd little bugger of a problem im trying to fix here ... I use an optical mouse, and sometimes my ship is very sluggish, and sometimes I move so fast I just BAM smack against the wall and out of the level. :oops:
So
as a result I use my old ball mouse as A D3 mouse. *gag* Ball mice.

So yeah. if youre using an optical mouse try a PS/2 ball mouse. *gag*

Now you see why my D3 playing has slowed down. Bad hardware >_<
Sligar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sligar »

Hmmm, that's interesting, I don't use a mouse but I've been using a freedom 2.4 joystick, which sometimes has control problems. When you first start d3 you have to move the js to its fullest extent, otherwise you rotate way too fast for small movements. I wonder if there's some adaptive factor for movement speed that starts out at 1.0, but is changed along with the joystick range, or something. I might try my old saitek for a while and see if its any different.
Ani
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Ani »

no prob's at all with my 2.4 stick
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

Yeah, I have a problem with my optical mouse too. Sometimes it just spazzes out. I'll be playing UT2004 and suddenly i'm aiming at the ceiling going the opposite way o_0
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arbitar »

I had that problem too. Dont use your optical mouse on wood, or anything shiny. Watch your mousepad, I bought a new one with my optical mouse, cause my old one was glossy.
US_Paratrooper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by US_Paratrooper »

Hey sligar, ive played u a ton of times, and i dont see any reason why people r accusing you of speed hacking....u do jump around, but its normal do to ping/loss etc. Just ignore those morons and keep flying :)
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

It sticks in my mind that the last time I played you, Sligar, you seemed to be going unusually fast when not trichording (just boosting straight forward, in a Magnum).
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

gaggin at ball mice?

guess i'm just old fasioned ;p
KlubMarcus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by KlubMarcus »

Sligar wrote: Hmmm, that's interesting, I don't use a mouse but I've been using a freedom 2.4 joystick, which sometimes has control problems. When you first start d3 you have to move the js to its fullest extent, otherwise you rotate way too fast for small movements.
Yeah, I've got that problem too. I don't know if it's DirectX or D3, but joining or starting the games seems to lose calibration. :?:

Eventually it works itself out. The weird thing is that if you calibrate the controller from inside Descent 3 menu using the Game Controllers screen, you seem to fly slower after you're back in. :cry: