Its about that time.....

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Its about that time.....

Post by Zero! »

ahhh..... i miss the dog fights, the fusion whoring, the whining/crying of hacker accusers...
for the next 2 weeks, excluding weekends i will be in d3 chat lurking for a friendly multiplayer game of descent 3
so come on down and get a game going for old time sakes!

My goal is to atleast get ONE game of 8 people playing anarchy or ctf (preferably halycon) during these 2 weeks.

and if anything make a post here and we'll see if we can get something going

Sincerely yours,

Zero
WC Fearverl
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Its about that time.....

Post by WC Fearverl »

IM on east coast of USA so whats good times for me to find you in mines??
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

You forgot run-and-gunning. That one hit me like a blast from the past the other day. I absolutely hate it when people turn tail once the element of surprise or their load-out of missiles is/are no longer with them! I hate it!! Someone needs to make a mod where engaging an opponent automatically engages a lethal proximity charge, with a short count-down sensitive to how far away you get from the opponent you've engaged... ;)

It's all part of the game, I suppose, and you just need to either turn it to your advantage or squash them like a bug before they can scramble for the door.

So there you go. How to piss Thorne off--tuck tail and run after unloading missiles. ;)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Against hit and run people I found that it was absurdly effective to just stop using the afterburner, stop grabbing powerups unless they were really worth making the noise, fly around really slowly or even just plain camp entirely and lob fusion down long hallways with lots of openings in them at a reasonable frequency. It never failed to completely ruin hit and run players efficiency ratios. Especially in a 4+ player anarchy game, because odds are they would bump into someone in some other room, dump munitions at them and then come racing back towards you full afterburner/crashing into walls and sucking up every powerup in their path, basically the only way they could be any louder would be if they were carrying several death metal bandstands on top of their ship at all times. It all gives you so many perfect opportunities to time an impact mortar they won't hear so that it explodes right in their face the exact second they come around the corner. And even better, the fully charged fusion shot you let go about half a second later will often peg the idiot(s) who were chasing after them. It's like fishing in a barrel with dynamite. :P

Other nasty tricks I would play on hit and runners would be while using fusion, I'd do a threatening charge at them and fire a frag and then a homer or a couple concs at them to make them think I was out of ammo, and then when they were about to run for an exit I would cycle back to that napalm rocket I was saving. Light em up like a christmas tree that was watered with gasoline and baked at 350 till it was golden brown. :twisted2:
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

That brings back a few memories. :mrgreen:

Someone should make a video short about the social equivalent of a run-and-gunner--someone who goes about engaging in only their favorite parts of certain conversation topics with whoever is most convenient at any particular time, and no one in particular, moving on once the highlights have been covered. It might even have something to do with a blue-tooth cellular headset while shopping. These people would prefer to frequent high-energy parties (Skybox) or very populated, flashy techno clubs (Subway Dancer). It's important that they get shot in the end though. :P
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

ima try to be on at 5pst during the weekdays, so 8pm ur time. i might be on earlier too
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Ah, Skybox... that level I do not approve of in any of the three versions of Descent. Not that I'm a Burning Indika fan either, it's just... sometimes I like a little space. Of the kind that isn't filled with live missiles.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Krom wrote:Other nasty tricks I would play on hit and runners would be while using fusion, I'd do a threatening charge at them and fire a frag and then a homer or a couple concs at them to make them think I was out of ammo, and then when they were about to run for an exit I would cycle back to that napalm rocket I was saving. Light em up like a christmas tree that was watered with gasoline and baked at 350 till it was golden brown. :twisted2:

ah... the nape. As fast as a merc, twice as deadly and four times the laugh.

One of the things I did with napes, while giggling like I was manic, was peg em in the face with one and just watch em burn.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Dangit, Zero, you're tardy. That or you're on a different chat. ;) I'll try to catch you later.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I'll do my best to be available for a game tonight. If we can get a CTF game going it will be my first in 6-8 years.
evileyejones
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by evileyejones »

Ready to play here in Texas.
Set up a mild lan setup for new years party, and discovered that descent rebirth allowed descent to be played online; havent played it in at least a decade.

My kiddo goes to sleep at 7:30 mountain time, so I can log on after that.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Are you still doing this Zero - why only two weeks?

Should have checked dbb earlier
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

Only 2 weeks cuz im taking winter classes so.... i was able to get a good amount of players in indika n hally with thorne which was fun!
bahamut
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by bahamut »

Maybe if I could get D3 to work...
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

i need to play damnit
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

You need to play, damnit!
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Yeah dmanit÷)
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

I need to find a joystick that's compatible with D3. And get D3 again. And figure out how to actually play it again...but I do have the itch to play this game again. And we all know that this game, much like herpes, stays with you for life.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

yeah pretty much, i want to build a xp sys
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Should be able to do that cheap, provided you can get a-hold of the operating system. Might even look at a refurb in a decent tower that you could upgrade.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I have the op sys but I need a tower