Art Request/Contest: Logo for Great White Weasel

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Art Request/Contest: Logo for Great White Weasel

Post by Alter-Fox »

First a little backgroud:

Great White Weasel is a hybrid publishing-and-editing-agency/record label that my brother, my friend, and I made so that we could self-publish each other's work (I'm a musician, my brother is a writer, my friend likes our work and wants to help us both out). Basically it's a semi-official distributor. Technically it could also be considered to be semi-fictional, as it's not \"registered\" as a trademark and we haven't published anything under it yet (though that will change very soon). The name comes from a compromise between us: We knew we wanted an animal theme. I'm into foxes, my brother is into fish and reptiles, and my friend is into other kinds of (mostly domestic) animals... when we brainstormed it, a weasel (with a shark reference) was one thing all 3 of us could agree on. Anyway, this \"organization\" does not even have its own logo yet, which is why I'm posting a request here (as well as in a bunch of other places that have talented artists):

As you've probably deduced, we need a logo for Great White Weasel. What I (as spokesperson and CEO of the company :P) want in particular is a white weasel or ferret (guess why :P). It should look rather cartoony, something in a similar art style to Splosion Man (http://www.splosionman.com/) would be especially good. We'd prefer the weasel to not be anthropomorphic, but to look rather cunning/disturbingly intelligent. It can be standing on its hind legs, but in that case its forepaws should look like paws, not hands. Cuteness is fine (and even encouraged). The logo should be arranged like this:

Great :insert picture here: White
W e a s e l

The word Weasel should be centered and (almost) wide enough to extend the length of the top line. Also some funky text effects would be great (a shiny fish-scale texture on the words would be awesome!). The text/background should be white (or blue or orange or whatever) on black (or a spacy navy blue).

Yeah, I know this sounds like a tall order, so I'm taking a page from Keen Software House and turning it into a contest: The winner will get a free copy of Splintered Sanity Ultra EP (the album I made to raise money for cleanup of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, which will be the first thing released by Great White Weasel, 16 tracks + 2 bonus tracks for the online release) and Sonix-Impressions (the working title for another album I'm currently working on, indeterminate number of tracks) when it's finished.

EDIT: I don't want to bump the thread, but in case someone here finds this thread and wants to do it, I've already found someone.