(slight) repaint of RTS Legends Megatron

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

(slight) repaint of RTS Legends Megatron

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

(RTS= Reveal The Shield for the thread title)
Anyways, my first tempt on repainting a Transformers figure-

The reason why I slightly repaint this figure is because there were paint damage on the front of the lower legs and his fusion cannon/gun barrel. For the fusion cannon I used Vallejo Model Color Black and a slight drybrush with a mix of VMC Black and Vallejo Game Color Gunmetal metal. For the front legs, I used the same mix for the drybrush (except it's for the basecoat for the front of the lower legs). The Reprolabels for the gunbarrel/FusionCannon really sucks! This is why I used the labels that are for the front chest and the back but I modified the chest label. BTW, I forgot to paint the rest of the grey part of Megatron's fusion cannon.

Tools used:
-Tamiya Masking Tape
-Vallejo Game Color Gunmetal Metal
-Vallejo Model Color Black
-Size 0 base brush
-Size 4 flat brush (for drybrushing
-Wet Palette)
-Distilled Water mixed with Matte Medium and Flo-aid (for thinning paint)
-eye dropper (for applying the thinning solution)

Comments, Suggestions, Rabid Headcrab Zombies are welcome.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: (slight) repaint of RTS Legends Megatron

Post by Isaac »

I know on car bumpers you can spray "clear coat" to give it a metallic look, adding lots of reflection. Would you ever consider putting a layer of clear coat on parts of Megatron?

Have you ever seen people use foil to get that metalic look?
ImageImage
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: (slight) repaint of RTS Legends Megatron

Post by vision »

A friend of mine wants me to do a custom paint job on his phone case, so I thought I would warm up buy doing a repaint of a mini-con I found lying in the street by my house one day (Skyblast). It transforms into something like a Saturn V rocket. The paint job on the original is pretty nice already (for it's small size), but I thought it would be neat to push the NASA rocket feel a bit. (This included removing some plastic that allowed the figure to integrate with others.) The left shoulder was the only part that did not receive paint. I was really careless with my painting and messed it up quite a bit, but hey, I haven't painted anything like this in many years.

I wasn't smart enough to take any "before" pics, but here is a gallery of this fairly rare figure: http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/armada ... last-4119/

And my repaint below...

(EDIT: have to re-upload these somewhere, it's on my to-do list. sorry.)