I need the PTMC logo.

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

I need the PTMC logo.

Post by Sage »

I need the PTMC logo for Descent 4. You know, it's that helmet type thing wth the ball in the middle. Any help would be appreciated, thank you, and merry christmas!
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

use d3edit to find the desired texture and hog2ws to extract it from d3.hog. d3edit shows them in categories.
then convert it with supersheeps D3 image tool (D3IT) to TGA.
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

thank you alien man! I shall do that
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

I couldn't find a PTMC logo texture in the D3.
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If you've still got D2X installed you can pull it out of the D1 or D2 hog file.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Couple ideas:

- The only high-res PTMC logo I found in Descent 3 was in the Mercenary briefing screens. It has the basic features of the one in D1/D2, but it's definitely a rendered model and has a hint of Descent 3's cartoonish CG sequences. If you want me to, I can try to extract this one. Come to think of it, there's that big one that appears behind Dravis in the ending movie, but I doubt there's a clear shot of it.

- All of the other PTMC logos in Descent 3 are either in a stylized font face or look (for lack of better example) like the Nintendo logo, not the helmet-type thing. For whatever reason, they dropped the original logo from the game - even in PTMC Headquarters.

- There aren't really any huge examples of it in Descent, although you'll find 64x64 textures. It also probably showed up on briefing screens. In Descent 2, a "greenscale" version of it appears in the intro movie. There's also one that appears on the Automap and robot intro sequences. Note that there are two variations - one that just says "PTMC" and another that spells out "Post-Terran Minerals Corporation."

- Luke Schneider (who seems inaccessible now) did a rendering of it for his PTMC Park level for Descent 2.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

These are the best examples I could find from D2 (using DTX2).