Fight Club's Tyler Durden (3d model)

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Not Cool at all, Longchimp... someone delete that post then then mine, BAN HIS A$$
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

bubba you gotta use ":x!!!"

:lol:
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

no you don't bubba, don't listen to that fool
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

I dont listen to that Type-1 R and NPH injecting foo!

Not after he took your Avatar and made it all Pretty and cute...BAD ROID
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

STRESS why the hell are you using his avatar anyway?
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Hi guys, I'm working on getting Tyler composited into the footage, these are some WIP stills of his first cut.

I know its not much to look at as stills but its pretty cool to watch it lipsynched to the audio.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That is some truly amazing work. Great job :D.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Goddamnit DT do more! :D
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

A quick update:

Refined the lipsynching in the cut I showed stills of, but I'm having trouble getting it rendered out :) My Pentium4 2.4 Ghz with a gig of DDR333 Ram and a GeForce 4 4200 is barely choking along trying to render the scene. If it renders it takes 3-5 minutes a frame. 4 seconds = 120 frames so you do the math :P

On top of that I'm only averaging about 8 frames before max crashes, then I have to reboot and start over. All rendering has to be done with a clean boot and no other programs running, can't even be connected to the internet. Can't leave it going overnight cause it crashes every 30 minutes or so.

The second cut is 6 seconds long so I'm sure you can imagine what a pain this is. That cut is mostly finished I just have to work on the facial animation some more and some clean-up morphers.

Meanwhile my friend has finished his cuts, his dual 3.06 Xeon with 2 gigs of ram and a Quadro FX 2000 rendered his stuff out at a solid 45 seconds a frame. Oh well :) If it comes down to it I might have to take my max files over there this upcoming week to get the renders.

My Digital Production Studio 4 Class show is on the 22nd. That is when we will be presenting this video. I still have to do my breakdown animations + the video editing.

I'll try to post some new stuff this weekend.
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Another update, sorry no shots though.

Things are going along albeit very slowly. The first cut is rendered out, just needs to be cleaned up so you can't see the real Tyler clipping out from behind the CG Tyler.

The second cut is ready to be rendered but my computer can't do it. I'm going to be taking the max file to my friend's place later today or tomorrow so he can throw it on Big Poppa (the dual 3.06).

My computer is currently in the middle of a 20 hour + render of the head spin showcase clip. This clip will show Tyler with an updated texture (bloody cut over the eye, bruises and a cut lip) and an isoline wireframe.

I also modeled the Fight Club soap bar for Tyler's posed spinny... Which I will hopefully set up tomorrow or Tuesday.

My goal is to be finished by Thursday so we can piece this vid together on Saturday (I work all day Fridays out of town)
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

I got the first part (out of 3) of the head spin render finished tonight! going to set up the next part and see if I can get it to go overnight... Then tomorrow I'll do the wire.

Anyway here is a composite image of 3 frames from the render.

I will hopefully be posting new images Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I'll get the final video online for you guys next week.

Thanks again for all the replies
Iongchimp
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Iongchimp »

When are you going to realize that nobody cares.

Sorry buddy.
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Darkside Heartless »

Shut up shortape :P , I just didn't check this section of the forums in a while.
Looks nice Dark, I may be that good someday, considering the number and quality of the D3 ships I've made. 8)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

hah yeah sure, i only read this thread for medical reasons. right chimp?

uncontrollable... urge to roll eyes at chimp..
Badboy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Badboy »

Awesome dude looks like you made Finding Nemo :D
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Hi guys, our Digital Production Studio 4 show was on the 22nd and our video pretty much owned the show. It wasn't perfect but it turned out pretty nicely! I was happy with how it turned out.

I'd love to show it to you guys but have no way to host it at the moment. The video is a six minute 43mb Quicktime. If anyone is generous enough to offer hosting please let me know, and then you can see all five 3d models in moving video.

The core of the project was the Fight Club animation but at the end there are 3 bonus animations with other 3d models. Remember that dragon I modeled a long time ago and never finished? I spent a few days completing him and he makes a cameo :)

Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

Hey DT I can host it. E-mail it over I guess to president@[NOSPAM]arasian.com

Also, awesome job on both models. It's awesome to see how they're both turning out. So much better than I can do, but something that I definitly want to aspire to someday! :-D
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

My email attachment limit is 1 mb so I would need to send it to you over AIM or something similar. My AIM name is foreverendering.

Let me know, thanks..
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

OK link up! That's an awesome video DT. God I wish I could do half of that stuff. The modeling in itself is cool, but the animation's amazing!

Link: http://www.arasian.com/movies/dps4_large.mov [42 MB]
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

You sound a little swishy...;)

*APPLAUSE*
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Very nicely done.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

sheesh, thats better then some of the stuff I've seen in most games and definitely better then most of the 3D crap they use for tv shows these days. Nice work :)
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Thanks guys! I will be starting a new model within the next week or so, it is going to be a summer project (not school related).

I learned so much this past semester that I'm pretty excited about starting from a clean slate on this new model. So probably in a month or so I'll start a thread here asking for your comments and crits! I am going to be trying something a little more complex this time around...

Thanks again for the interest..
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

a) What school do you go to DT?

b) Yeah I agree, that's better than most of the stuff I see in games. The animation was absoloutly amazing.
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

Hi Nitro,

A) I go to University of Florida; I'm in their Digital Arts and Sciences Program. I almost hesitate to say that though, because in all honesty I was not taught any of this through the Program. I would go so far as to say that I am 99% self taught. The DAS Program (much to my disappointment) has been mostly about Fine Arts mixed with conceptual theory and some programming.

B) Thanks man I really appreciate it. Working hard to get better.
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

if anyone is interested my beta demo reel is now online. nothing special, you all have seen this footage before:

http://plaza.ufl.edu/jeremyg/demoreel_Medium.mov

It's an 8.5 mb quicktime.
Rotten Tomato
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Rotten Tomato »

Pretty nice