Impressions on Descent: Insane, cold start, no-death, 100%

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Xfing
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Impressions on Descent: Insane, cold start, no-death, 100%

Post by Xfing » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Beat level 18 today, but I didn't realize there'd be a cloaked smelter lurking in the exit tunnel and that I'd have to do him in too :D

Gotta redo it, then I'll provide my impressions :(
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 38/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Sum0Beatz
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sum0Beatz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:04 am

I went pretty hard on this run, I believe it's 100%, might have missed something. Sorry about the quality, hope you enjoy my flying =P

AlexanderBorisov
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by AlexanderBorisov » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 pm

A nice run, but in my version (Rebirth 0.58.1) I always had the drillers at 2:11 and 2:28, as well as the grey hulks near the blue key roaming by this time so I had to clear those areas first (much earlier than you did), otherwise it makes them very luck based. The starting dual matcens can be cleared by quickly turning between them and shooting the drones before they can react.
Sum0Beatz
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sum0Beatz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Usually the drillers roam in the time stamps you left, this run was smooth, except the blue key ( always have trouble with it haha)

I've been running this level for a long time focusing on improving the control of my ship. I have also been focusing on dog fighting and precision shooting. Level 6 is alot of fun and I use it to warm up, it also acts like a cup of coffee in the morning. By far my favorite level at the moment out of the first 7.

I am moving forward to level 7 now, at first I thought the boss fight would be a pain because of all the drillers and super hulks, but I have noticed there is an invincibility and cloak I can use before entering the red door. Should be an easy level to run.
Marvin
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Marvin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:39 am

Nice run! About blue key area, I believe it is more safe to use a way I used in my run.
About roaming, I use 0.58.1 also and if you are fast enough they might stay at their positions aswell as you can see bellow. But it is some kind of a lottery with these drillers. Brown hulk is raoming just rarely to me if I'm fast enough.

In level 7 you don't even need invuln for the end, just a cloak is really good enough.
Sum0Beatz
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sum0Beatz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 am

I am new to this game in terms of running levels on insane, I spent a long time learning how to play on level 6 insane. I will try the rest of the levels now.

This game really is alot of fun when you play on INSANE-MAX settings