Descent I Secret Levels

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Descent I Secret Levels

Post by Glowhyena »

D1 secret levels are very impossible 0__o, cuz there secret areas can't be save all time. I can save my game in the normal levels, but secret levels not. In DII, Pyro-GX can out or enter the secret levels. U know... In DI, I really hate to lost poor hostages and all my (BLEEP) weapons then back to the next level if my Pyro-GX destroyed in the secret levels.
x_X

D2X-XL manager, can u fix it for us to easy to enter or out there? Or DI secret levels can be save the game any time as possible... :idea:

I love to destroy all crazy robots, no one is missing!!!
MD1985
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Save your game just before you enter the secret level exit, then just restore if you die.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Wait... there are secret levels in D1? :?
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Oh! good idea, thanks testiculess! :D But there secret levels are too very dangerous than normal levels to stay live in the secret levels until finish. Cuz many, many, and many heavy weapon robots are ready to destroy my baby ship! *_x Ok, I'll really try it as possible.

*GASP* 0.0 U DON'T KNOW WHERE ARE SECRET LEVELS IN DI, d3jake the rookie!? Well, yes there are 3 secret levels in DI. 6 secret levels in DII. find them yourself. If u can't, ok I'll help u. How long u play Descent games? I still play them for 10 years. 8)
MD1985
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Secret level 1 is off an alt exit in level 10 near the red door. First place you can get fusion hulks, incidentally.

Secret level 2 is off level 21, somewhere along the roof past the normal exit.

Secret level 3 is in level 24 but I don't remember -exactly- where it was. Fairly close to the central chamber though. Probably behind another secret door; just look around.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

U are right! Good remember, Sirius the Ace!
MD1985
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

In D1 you can save in a secret level all you like. Only in D2 is it not possible, in D3 you can also save in a secret level. If you are playing using D2X-XL, and can't save in a D1 secret level, use D1x instead, it will let you save in a secret level.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Yes, I already know about all Descent games. I alway play them with D2X-XL, cuz D2X-XL is really SUPERB game than D1X and D2X! 8)
MD1985
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

I wrong spell \"SUPERS\" for \"SUPERB\"... :lol: :x :roll: :D
MD1985
StormGTX1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by StormGTX1 »

Sirius wrote:Secret level 1 is off an alt exit in level 10 near the red door. First place you can get fusion hulks, incidentally.

Secret level 2 is off level 21, somewhere along the roof past the normal exit.

Secret level 3 is in level 24 but I don't remember -exactly- where it was. Fairly close to the central chamber though. Probably behind another secret door; just look around.
I found the second and third secret exits. The Secret Exit for Level 24 is behind to two Secret Doors on your left as soon as you exit the red door. In the octagonal section of the shaft, if you declare the red door as the number six position on a clock face, the doors are at the number nine position.

The Secret Exit for Level 21 is really tricky to get to. I found this one by luck alone. You leave the Reactor Room as you would normally to head to the Exit. You go past the exit through the regular door into the gray rock zig-zag hallway. Go through it until you reach the point to where you can see the Yellow Door. Still keeping it in sight, back up until you hit the wall and face up. The secret door above you is the only thing hiding it. You can also come through the Yellow Door; it is a little easier. I recommend searching for it BEFORE blowing up the mine, as we've all heard before. I hope this works for you.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Yeah. I already got there as easy before.
MD1985
StormGTX1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by StormGTX1 »

Okay. Just making sure, man.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Jonathan Paskiewicz wrote:I alway play them with D2X-XL
So you've just discovered a D2X-XL bug.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

Krom wrote:In D1 you can save in a secret level all you like. Only in D2 is it not possible, in D3 you can also save in a secret level. If you are playing using D2X-XL, and can't save in a D1 secret level, use D1x instead, it will let you save in a secret level.
Secret levels in D3? Which D3? And where? Please, please ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

you actually gain access to one in the level you are in. Near the start. it's near that thing you grab so you can access the data base. Shoot the plate on the floor. The next on is on the ice planet when you are going through some tunnels that open into a narrow cavern. it's way off to one side.
StormGTX1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by StormGTX1 »

NighTTripper wrote:Secret levels in D3? Which D3? And where? Please, please ;)
In Descent 3, there are only two Secret levels compared to the first two games. D1 has three S. Levels, and D2 has six. The major difference between them is how to get to them in D3. Instead of using secret exits found in the first two games, you have to locate and pick-up certain special items before you end the level. The first item is located somewhere in Level 8, while the second one is found in Level 12. I'm afraid I don't know the exact locations, but I can encourage you to browse around the Descent Single Player forum for tips on finding them. There are people asking about the secret levels all the time. I hope my information was helpful.
NighTTripper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NighTTripper »

StormGTX1 wrote:
NighTTripper wrote:Secret levels in D3? Which D3? And where? Please, please ;)
In Descent 3, there are only two Secret levels compared to the first two games. D1 has three S. Levels, and D2 has six. The major difference between them is how to get to them in D3. Instead of using secret exits found in the first two games, you have to locate and pick-up certain special items before you end the level. The first item is located somewhere in Level 8, while the second one is found in Level 12. I'm afraid I don't know the exact locations, but I can encourage you to browse around the Descent Single Player forum for tips on finding them. There are people asking about the secret levels all the time. I hope my information was helpful.
Yep thanx ;)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ah.. but did you know about the secret room in D1 lvl one?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Testiculese wrote:Save your game just before you enter the secret level exit, then just restore if you die.
On most D2 secret levels, you can abuse this to the extreme (like if you're playing on insane and don't want to lose too much shields) by entering, shooting a few robots, leaving, saving, and re-entering. This isn't always easily plausible, especially if you're initially transported to someplace nowhere near an exit portal.
StormGTX1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by StormGTX1 »

Duper wrote:ah.. but did you know about the secret room in D1 lvl one?
What room in Level one of Descent 1? So far, I only know of 4 secret rooms: 1 above the energy center, and 1 on the backside of the mine section right next to the reactor sector, with the other two inside it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

4? theres only 2. Both you mentioned. The second one, I've found that many don't know about. I would expect most here know about both.
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Depends on how you count them. The section close the reactor has two secret doors one of which hiding a mech that when blown up boosts your laser to level 2.

BTW, in case any of you is lost you can check out my page listing all Alternate Exits, Teleports as well as solving the riddles of the D2 secret levels.

In the past I've been asked to put up a list of all the secrets in D2 but I always was kinda hesitant so as to let ppl enjoy discovering some themselves so I never released them...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

oh ok.

I understand now. :oops:

Ok.. I was ..oh hell, nm. :)
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Level 10 - Secret 1

Level 21 - Secret 2

Level 24 - Secret 3
MD1985
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

In case a screenshot won't be enough for you to determine whereabouts of the alternate exits just check my map screenshots and/or demos.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

You waste my time.
MD1985
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

So, What your point? The automap doesn't have textures. I'm helping them, but not yoyou if u know where the secret areas are. I like your Moon's Descendarium but you have been bother my last post! WHAT WRONG WITH YOU, GUYS!? WHAT WRONG WITH ME!?
MD1985
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Jonathan Paskiewicz wrote:You waist my time.
I guess Moon waisted his time trying to help you. :roll:
Jonathan Paskiewicz wrote:WHAT WRONG WITH YOU, GUYS!? WHAT WRONG WITH ME!?
Nice.

When you want help, lets yell at them.
That will get you some help? :roll:

....or maybe not.....
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Dude, paste your pointless screenshots all over this board, see if I care.
Moon's Descendarium - THE single-player guide to Descent 1-3

Maintainer of The 'official' Descent 3 FAQ

Coming soon to a domain near you
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

alright this is getting out of hand. Jonathan, Moon is providing you help and you flare out at him with yelling?!?!

big no no!!

anymore of this and i close this topic
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Moon wasn't really being indicative of being helpful in his first post.

John isn't very good with english, obviously so in this thread; consider being more verbose in the future.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

YESSUH!! :)
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

fliptw wrote:Moon wasn't really being indicative of being helpful in his first post.
I said that if a screenshot of some spot somewhere in the mines isn't enough (which IMO definitely is) then you can check out a map screenshot or a demo which will lead you to the alternate exit.

Excuse me but how much more verbosity do you need?

fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Moon wrote:In case a screenshot won't be enough for you to determine whereabouts of the alternate exits just check my map screenshots and/or demos.
helpful to whom? For all we know, Johnathan considered the quoted above as directed at him, and he obviously took it as a criticism of the screenshots he posted.
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Helpful to ANYONE who like me cannot pinpoint ones location in the mine from looking at a screenshot of some walls in a dark mine.

Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I played D1 too much, I instantly knew exactly where those screenies where taken. :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Testiculese wrote:I played D1 too much, I instantly knew exactly where those screenies where taken. :)
sry, me too. :lol:
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Duper wrote:
Testiculese wrote:I played D1 too much, I instantly knew exactly where those screenies where taken. :)
sry, me too. :lol:
x2
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Please, Do not call me \"Johnathan\" or \"John\". :wink:
MD1985
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

I'm so sorry. It was my big misunderstand. :( Now I will never yelling again. Any posts are free no problem. I learned about different community posting on the internet, but some posters can spamming on forum like an a**hole. Someone is spamming on my forum, I didn't problem with him. I ignore him. :wink:
MD1985