Bahagad Outbreak by DarkFlameWolf

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

AlexanderBorisov
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Bahagad Outbreak by DarkFlameWolf

Post by AlexanderBorisov »

Where is this another version? I saw a lot of references to it, but haven't found it anywhere. But it is said to be without briefings, bosses , secret levels, so I don't consider it as valid replacement anyway.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Diedel still hosts the archive with both versions in it:

http://www.descent2.de/3rdparty.html
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

LightWolf wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:50 pm Hence why he made the "Easy" version so many years ago.
It's "she", and don't you mean TEW by any chance?
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

No, Bahagad does have an easy version.
But, I agree with Alex on both counts -- the mission is badly balanced (although not in a way that really matters for more than some frustration unless you have exactly the same idea of how you like to play the game as Alex does) and the easy version is not really a version of the mission despite using the same level layouts.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
AlexanderBorisov
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by AlexanderBorisov »

Still puzzled how one is supposed to play Bahagad in it's present form, even if it is not my way. Because for me on Insane even with tons of saves L2 and 3 are a huge PITA (and I don't want to even think about the last levels), unlike, for example, AF that is considered "most difficult of all" but in fact very playable if you use save points once in 10-20 mins, and before (some) bosses. On Ace I don't think it will be much better, probably Hotshot or even Rookie can make it playable, but I find those lower difficulty not very exciting, robots hardly move and I am constantly running into projectiles after dodging them on Hotshot, because they seem to move slower than the Pyro...
I think Bahagad could be a very good mission if one will replace most of ther new robots with old D2 ones, and remove those annoying traps with missile robots. Which was basically done in LL. Don't think ITSC firing homing missiles instead of conc and robot firing 10 merc per volley and moving like thief bot is a good idea in any mission (except for some well selected spots). I think maybe if I will run out of good missions to play, it is worth trying to make a balanced SP version of some missions like this.
kakhome1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kakhome1 »

Bahagad was already made for SP as far as I know (it's not like AF). And LL seems to be a step up in design perhaps, too.

I wonder how Kragg System stands up, another older DFW D2 map. You can watch on YT and/or get it on Scorch's Den.