Descent 2 (D2X-XL) Level 4 i think. Boss bot won't die?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 2 (D2X-XL) Level 4 i think. Boss bot won't die?

Post by JRock »

Not sure what I'm supposed to do next with this guy...

http://www.easyscreens.info/gallery/20080317/1.jpg
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

not sure myself, but level 15 of Obsidian with the multiple boss robots, I have multiple boss robot checkmark box OFF. So when I kill one, I kill all, as was intended for the level. Thing is, once I kill a boss, I get his score, he gets explosions like he's gonna die, but he's still the attacking me, now invincible now that his HP is gone. Saving right there and reloading makes him disappear however, weird. The other boss robots in the level are none worse for wear. A boss bug in the coding I suppose for D2-XL.
JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JRock »

Yeah i have that checked too. I'll go uncheck it.

Oddly enough I found a reactor hidden in another part of the map so I was able to blow that up and the Exit opened :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Funny I'm on that same level and the only thing you need to do is kill that boss robot. I think there are 4 levels with boss only ends.
JRock
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JRock »

I'm on mission 12 now and there's a boss robot. I have him down to zero health but he won't die. Going to try saving here and reloading to see if that helps.

Update: Reloaded and the boss robot was gone, and I found a secret room with a little reactor in it which i killed which allowed the exit to open. Yay! :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I finished D2x tonight. Man I love D2. Now I'm gonna play the D1 converted levels in D2.