Descent 1 Help!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

captain_twinkie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 1 Help!

Post by captain_twinkie »

Ok, I bought Descent 1 about 6 years ago, but never took the time to beat the game, and well, this week i decided to take the time and beat it, so, im stuck on Lvl 27 and im wondering how to get the 5 mega missles that are in the room that requires the yellow key? Ive tried everything that i can think of to get in that area.

Thanks In advance.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

From your starting point, turn left at the first door and go into the room that had the platform missile guy, the laser guy, the vulcan guy, and the cloak behind a grating. I'll call this "cloakroom" from now on. Now, I assume you found the way into the 5 smart missiles -- from a secret inside the secret with the cloak, which is fairly obvious.

The 5 megas are harder to get to. Go from cloakroom into the next one (which initially had some laser powerups and smart missiles -- it's flat and has 2 pillars in the middle.) On the ceiling next to a pillar is a secret door. Through there are a bunch of nasties (2 vulcan guys, a homer guy, 2 platform missile guys, and possibly more.) After you've fought through them, you can get to the megas.

Typically, I use an invuln (in cloakroom, there's an invuln in a secret.) You can fight off the guys on the way to the megas, but I find it's easily worth an invuln.