Level 20 Descent 2

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

sshewell
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Level 20 Descent 2

Post by sshewell »

I'm about to throw it all out and start over. I was chipping away at the boss robot for awhile and I guess I was doing some serious damage because the old boy has disappeared. I have searched all around the mine to find him...I even went to the secret level to see if he had warped there to get away from me. Nothing. I then walked away from the computer and left my ship parked in the red room for over an hour only to come back and find nothing.

Can anyone help me out to let me know how I beat this level to move on? I'm past the point of frustration now because I have been around this mind 4-5 times and can't figure out how to beat the level.

Thanks for your help.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

First, Single player forum. :)

Second, isn't that the one you need to shaker in the butt? Shoot a shaker behind it and let the globs target the tailpipe.

If it's the red merc missile boss, then I think he's damaged only with energy weapons.
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

there is a bug wether it be original d2 or d2 data, where the level 20 boss dissappears it gets stuck below the floor(well below)(record a demo and go around and look at all the flooring-then escape then play the demo and youll see-i know its weird) but it is a well known fact there is a bug w/lvl20 boss happened on all computers i have played descent on. I have a level shot on planetdescent of the stuck boss.
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

if you came up on this bug it is good to start(load previous save game) from a point before gining in the boss room the first time and pursue the boss as quickly as possible.