where are the weapons?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

deepthought
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

where are the weapons?

Post by deepthought »

in what levels are the super laser, phoenix cannon, and omega cannon?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Super lasers are in level 3 (Wenl Mine). There are two so you can upgrade straight from level 4 to level 6.
You can get a Phoenix cannon on the first Brimspark level (level 9) but it's not guaranteed. Find a big yellow robot that looks like the first boss (armed with phoenix and mercury missiles), when you destroy him he'll usually drop his phoenix cannon (not always though). Otherwise there's one just before the reactor area on level 10 (in the lava tunnels past the red door). Though considering the abundance of those \"Red Fatty Jr\" robots on level 10 its more likely you'll get one from them first.

Omega Cannon is on level 13 but it has a very hard one-shot puzzle (you need a phoenix cannon and guided missiles for it :)). They get easier to get as you go through the four levels on Limefrost Spiral (I think level 15 is the only ice level that doesn't have one), and the easiest one is on level 16 (the ice boss level), it's just inside an out of the way door in the yellow area (not even locked). Even if you miss it then there's one in level 18 (Baloris Prime level 2) that's almost required on the way to the yellow key (that is if you get the key the easy way through the secret area). It's inside a tight tunnel with no way to really avoid picking it up.
deepthought
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by deepthought »

what are the fatty Jr. robots? also, i just got killed and used the porgys cheat to get some weapons back, but i don't have the quad laser anymore. is there one in or after level 10?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Oh you're doing D1 (porgys is a D1 cheat). These weapons you want are only in D2. D1 only has 5 primaries, if you're on level 10 you should have all of them already (with the possible exception of fusion... you can get it on level 10 but you need to find a secret).

Yes there are lots of quad lasers all through the D1 campaign, I've never noted their locations because I always already had them, but I know they're there. Practically every level after level 5 has at least one set. I can tell you there is one on level 10 in a secret area just outside the yellow door -- look around in that room after you've worn out the red hulk matcen. There are probably more on the level as well, but I don't remember that level particularly well (one of my least favourite levels in all Descent).