Level 11 I think?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Gremalcon
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Level 11 I think?

Post by Gremalcon »

I am on one of the fire levels, it is either 10 or 11. Anyway, There is a room in the area where you get the yellow key. When you enter it from one end, the exit seals over until you move to the other end and enter a hall. Above the hall, is an area that is sealed off by a large grate and there are weapons there. If you shoot a flare through, a door opens behind the weapons and you shoot a guided missile through and hit a switch. Once you do that, you can go around to near the starting area and go through some fire to the hall behind those weapons, and the now broken switch is. The problem I am having is that I cannot open the door from that side. Isn't it supposed to open for me now, so I can get those weapons? I am playing D2.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a patch for D2?
Gremalcon
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gremalcon »

Also, I am running this in windows xp home. I tried one patch I found but it didn't work because it was looking for the dos version and I do not have dos to install a game to. It is only in windows version.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Try one of these....

http://www.descent2.com/patches/d2/

also, run it in compatability mode win98/me, enable "disable visaul themes" and enable "turn off advanced text services for this program"
Gremalcon
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gremalcon »

The game has been running in win95 mode, what does changing to 98/me mode do? Also, what do those other two options do for the game?

Lastly, what about my first question, on that weapons cache on level 11? Can you give me any help there?