Various level 'series'

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

MegaDescent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Various level 'series'

Post by MegaDescent »

Is anyone familiar with/played any of these 'series' of levels? None of them are on the more common sites (DMDB and karx's page) but I have all of them in my folder, can't even remember where I got them all from for sure, maybe Valhalla. And from what I know their authors never made too much as far as campaigns are concerned either (with one slight exception that I highlight in parenthesis). All of them are primarily D2 level series.

Galaxy Asteroids/Moons Series (can't recall the author, there six Asteroid levels and twelve Moon levels; the Moon levels have D1 variants as well)
Abalyon series (by Stryker, 7 missions in this series I think)
-MOON XX- series (14 levels, the same author made Harqygia Mission which is on karx's page, I know the author's name begins with [LL])
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Various level 'series'

Post by Sirius »

I recall playing Galaxy Moons many many years ago (possibly 1997 - was soon after I got Kali or possibly even before). I don't remember the actual levels well at all or how good they really were - probably slightly lesser than Chasm but am not really sure.
Descer
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Descer »

Found only few o' those to be beatable.
It's just a game. Face it.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I played several of the moon levels ages ago... they were fairly good but IIRC the texturing was somewhat careless -- I'd put them sub-Parallax but only slightly :D.
I wouldn't mind playing them again, probably.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.