I'm looking for one coop guy.

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

yshrak
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

I'm looking for one coop guy.

Post by yshrak »

First thing first. I just registered and this is my first post so HI I guess. :P

I'm looking for someone to play in coop. Not because im bad but because I like playing coop when I got the option. Id gladly play on a cranked up difficulty.

steam: myoshen
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: I'm looking for one coop guy.

Post by Alter-Fox »

I wouldn't mind playing co-op on a cranked-up difficulty for once. I don't know why most of the co-op games that get hosted are on rookie... especially when you look at the skill of the people who stay in this community :D.
Scheduling could be a challenge for me, though, and I can't host. Also I'm very strange -- should warn you now :lol:
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Co-op is my favorite, though I almost never play online. What version of Descent and what levels are you looking to play? And when?
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

As long as you are willing to branch out from First Strike, Counterstrike and Vertigo every now and then for some custom missions, I'm all game for coop.
MegaDescent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MegaDescent »

The only custom mission I know of that is good for coop is Apocalyptic Factor.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Most are good for coop, it are ones that are heavily reliant on control panel switches like Obsidian that might get you in trouble during packet loss.
MegaDescent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MegaDescent »

Okay then probably anything with standard mission goals (three keys, reactor/boss robot, and exit) is likely okay then. Including your own stuff. :) Although boss levels in The Lost Levels will be troublesome, but maybe there's a way to just skip those levels.

On the other hand I'm guessing Entropy Experiment 1/2, Konflict at Karon, EAF2, and (maybe?) Project Mandrill are likely stuff to avoid for coop. Shame because a lot of those missions are really big classics.

EDIT: Actually, why not try Obsidian? More players = more chance that questions of 'what did that switch do?' will be answered sooner. :D You could try instructing different players to look around in different areas of the level, and have one report when they find a newly opened area.
Naphtha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Naphtha »

Well, you can definitely choose switch-heavy sets like Obsidian and Bahagad Outbreak if you want to learn them collectively, just be warned that occasionally a connection crapout can affect the game. I remember running through Obsidian with Sirius and DH a few months back, and when we got to Level 10, the switch to open up the reactor area failed entirely. They both ended up offing themselves as I tried to make my way around the obstacle with Guided Missiles, but I think all three of us ended up entering Level 11 with nothing as a result. :P

Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyable set outside of unforeseen issues like that, though that probably made the Level 14 boss a lot nastier than it already was. Just something to think about.
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Obsidian L14 has a tendency to turn really nasty, but I'm not sure I've had it worse than that time. When you have to resort to butt-shooting shaker bosses with Gauss you know you've struck it big.