D3 Enemy weaknesses to certain weapons

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Whiteshark
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D3 Enemy weaknesses to certain weapons

Post by Whiteshark »

Being an old game, I can guess there are quite a few articles about this. Anyways, I would like to hear if you've found a weapon to be stronger against a certain enemy. I would be most interested to hearing about plasma / microwave as I have not found any bot to be weak against them. Here is stuff that are known / I've found:

Ibots (the small laser/microwave bots) are easily inflammable, They die to 2 or 3napalm particles even on insane.
Sharcs (the purple melee bots) are weak to massdriver
Six guns (I believe that's what they are called, the laser bots introduced in lvl7) seem to be weak vs. omega (at least compared to some other bots)
The small high-velocity turrets seem to be weak vs. emd (at least compared to many other bots that take forever to kill with emd) EDIT After a few tests I found this unplausible
Hunters (microwave / frag suicide bots) get disabled (unable to release the frags) when shot with emd

And then finally all the bots are weak vs fusions : )
Whiteshark
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: D3 Enemy weaknesses to certain weapons

Post by Whiteshark »

Just to make this clear: my observations aren't necessarily accurate...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The robots that fly up to you and try to drain your energy will spin out of control and explode if you just dodge around them for a short while and make them have to turn a lot.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Most of the melee bots seem pretty vulnerable against napalm and fusion, but that might just be because of their tendency to charge right into your line of fire so they can get up close.
Umm... those super-fast omega cannon stormtroopers tend to be very bad at dodging smart missiles. And they seem extra-vulnerable to them to cuz they only take one or two hits even on the highest difficulty. On the other fork of the tail they can shoot through walls.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Alter-Fox wrote:On the other fork of the tail they can shoot through walls.

I'm guessing that's a glitch? Question mark? :?
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The Omega cannon can shoot through walls for players too, although the feature is not well known because people rarely use Omega in multiplayer. Also there are very few levels where the behavior would be useful, and even where you can use it the DPS is generally too low for anyone to bother with.