I was wondering

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

collegekid1208
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

I was wondering

Post by collegekid1208 »

did anybody everplay the descent game for playstation and if so which was better the one on playstation on the one for computer
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ACK!!! 0_o He speak blasphemy!!

hehe.. really, I have never played it on a console, although I've read it was pretty good, if you like control pads.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i had Descent Maximum for PS1. it was okay, i got bored of it when AceCombat 3 came out :lol:
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Never could quite get the hang of flying with the gamepad. PC was a lot better in that regard. It was virtually the same otherwise (except for the PS-only music, which rocked).
collegekid1208
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by collegekid1208 »

o ok thanks
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Technically, the PlayStation one had CD digital music, colored lighting, and fairly intuitive controls.

But the PC version lets you download gobs of custom content, make your own maps, has online multiplayer, and runs at a better clip than 20 FPS.

PC. :P
collegekid1208
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by collegekid1208 »

yeah i figured that the pc version would be better becasue of the fact that you can customize it the way you like
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I have the PlayStation versions of D1 and D2, and I'd have to say that the PC versions are the obvious choice. Besides the customizability, there's also the really huge issue of multiplayer. The only things that the PS versions have going for them are (for D1) some cool music and (for both) not having to worry about fiddling around to get them to work :P.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Kyouryuu wrote:Technically, the PlayStation one had CD digital music, colored lighting, and fairly intuitive controls.
Oh yeah, forgot about the nifty lighting effects that the weapons had. Lasers would reflect light off the walls depending on what color they were, pretty sweet.