D3 Level 15 Help

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

shubho
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

D3 Level 15 Help

Post by shubho »

For the inactive generator, where is the fuse? I can't fnd it even though I've looked everywhere.
And how do I get to the passkey? I drained the left lava tank, went into the door at the bottom, but I can't get into any of the doors in the new tank. It just says 'Door Locked'.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You have to break a window to get the fuse. From the broken reactor stay low to the ground and find a tunnel that leads to the back side of a secret door, it opens into a triangle shaped tunnel, go away from the two doors in that tunnel and you will come to a section that has windows in it, break the windows and fly into that room, the spare fuse is in a small hidden tunnel off that room.

To get to the inner stronghold key you turn on the lava pumps, and fly down the tube through that first door, then when you are facing the locked door turn around, there is a switch that unlocks the door behind you (beware, the lava starts rising once you unlock the door).
shubho
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by shubho »

I still can't find the fuse. I did get the passkey. I guess the fuse isn't needed, because I beat the game without it. What does the fuse do when it is put in the reactor? Stop the robot generator in the inner stronghold?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

No, the fuse turns on all of the energy centers in the level. There is a way to turn off all of the Matcens, however. There's a hidden door in the center of one of the energy centers, near the middle of the level. Inside, there's a room with seven switches arranged in a circle. If you hit them in the correct order, you'll turn off all the Matcens. Neither step is necessary to beat the game, but they do make it a little easier.

Edit: If you do want to know where the fuse is, check out Moon's Descendarium. It has great walkthroughs for every D3 level.
shubho
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by shubho »

Yeah, I did see the Descendarium and I still can't find it. Is it anywhere near the lava tanks? Or in the inner stronghold? (I had assumed it wasn't there because in the Descendarium it says to get the fuse first and then the passkey) :? And previously, I had turned off all the matcens using those seven switches, but the one in the inner stronghold kept producing those guys that shoot homing missiles.
shubho
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by shubho »

I found the fuse. The tunnelway was mostly brick (not glass at least) so I didn't notice when the windows came. Just me being blind. :)
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

I belive it turns off everything but the ones in the stronghold. There's also a minor bug with the switches: there are two ways to turn off all the matcens, but only one disables the forcefield in the room.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Boo wrote:I belive it turns off everything but the ones in the stronghold. There's also a minor bug with the switches: there are two ways to turn off all the matcens, but only one disables the forcefield in the room.

thats what im have been trying to figure out for a long time.....how do you turn off that GD forcefield.

ive been in dire need of those Sharks and Megas in there.

Shubho....do you know how to get to that reactor? if not ill show you in Co-op mode. or i can make a demo movie on how to get to the matcen switches...the sequence to turn off the matcens... and finally where to place the fuse. the movie is going to be pretty big on getting all that stuff to work
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Sorry to be off topic but, There's a region bug in level 15, If you enter the Boss's Chamber, The Region is set to "outside", instead of "Boss" I know there Isn't a cpp file for level 15
shubho
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by shubho »

Yeah, I figured out the reactor and the fuse and the matcens (even though the one in the inner stronghold was still working). With the energy center and the enery to shields converter you can theoretically have unlimited health (if you don't mind your energy being at 100). The sequence to disable the forcefield and the matcens is 5 - 3 - 2 - 7 - 4 (from left to right, so 5 would be the 5th switch from the left).
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

you cant disable the Inner Strong Hold matcen....