THE DARN HOMUNUCULUS!!!!!!!!!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

THE DARN HOMUNUCULUS!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jadewolf »

Okay I was playing level 6 the other day on D3 and I killed the Homunuculus as soon as he killed me. (It was actually 3 "old scrathes" on trainie with my back turned and low shields.)
The hom-on-uc-u-lus caught on fire and the pilot guy said something about the force fields being down so he could pick up the crashed ship, but!!! The force fields were acctually still up!
The homy-thingy-ucky-lussy was still on fire and didnt explode or anthing it just died. (But it was still there!) So I was stuck in a trigger mess!!!
How can I prevent that from ever happening again? :x
Arol
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arol »

Happend to me too!
I checked a couple of how-to sites and they said that it's a bug-thing that occasionaly happens. Only thing they suggested was go back a game save and try again, and you may get lucky.
Good Luck!
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

yes thats a known bug. Open a saved game from earlier in the level and try again. You did save more than once didn't you?
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

that happened to me once
Kd527
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kd527 »

funny, I don't think that ever happened to me before.
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

hummy nukky u lose?

Post by Jadewolf »

well my policy is to always save after the missions briefing and before each time i use any napalm rocket impact mortar smart missle mega missle and black shark missle
sence im only playing on rookie i save that stuff for later. so my last save was at the start of the level i just made the post to prevent that from happening on say... ace or insane
Zman
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Zman »

yea that happpened to me too, i looked all over the level, and guess what? i ended up restarting again, then the forcefirlds dropped
StormGTX1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by StormGTX1 »

The only problem I have with the Nomad boss is trying to stay a safe distance away from him. It's bad enough that he can move as fast as you, but he also has two Class 1 Drones (Descent 1) in his mouth that fire their cannons until the boss releases them (then they just charge at you to self destruct), has an Advanced Lifter (also Descent 1) for his right hand, and, my personal favorite, the constant production of Old Scratches to get thrown into the mix. Right now to me, the boss is more annoying than dangerous. I have seen the boss catch fire and fall to the ground, but afterwards he gets right back up and at it again. It only takes several more hits until he's down for good. I haven't had any bug problems with him though.