prooving grounds d3

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

prooving grounds d3

Post by Jadewolf »

I got to the Arena Champion at the PTMC Prooving grounds. I Don't Want to use my black sharks is there a weak spot on him i can target with my megas?
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

his head.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Actually, It was his center or his torso
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Actually, that guide's inaccurate. The Dragon boss doesn't have any effect where its abdomen will explode, revealing a smaller version of itself. Many strategy guides written before D3 was released contain features not included in the final game, including the mini Hellions and destroyable roof panels in the Hellion room. (You can still see the latter, but they don't have lava falls behind them, as a few guides have said.)

To kill the Dragon, aim for the four spike-like protrusions on its midsection, behind the head. Once you take those out, the thing is toast. You could simply use primaries, although a few well-placed Smarts or Napalm Rockets may make your job easier.
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

nvrmnd

Post by Jadewolf »

i just used a black shark tho i feel bad about it... :'(
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Don't...overkill is the mark of a good pilot :twisted:.
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Well I got pretty mad When i Fought the helion

Post by Jadewolf »

Well I got pretty mad When I fought the Helion

I unleashed all of my arsenal on it then said okay your dead... was 3 megas and 3 blacks over kill?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

No, that's about par for the course :P.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Top Gun wrote:Don't...overkill is the mark of a good pilot :twisted:.
LOL werd!

that or you have overkilled on your extra-life usage.

;)
SSC BlueFlames
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SSC BlueFlames »

Fusion is extra-badass against the Dragon boss. You can shoot basically anywhere in the Dragon's general direction, and the Fusion bolts will pass through the body, almost always scoring hits on the vulnerable center. You can get the same effect with the Hellion later on too, though you really shouldn't be saving missiles at that point. ;)

It just goes to show you, when in doubt, trust the purple.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Top Gun wrote:Actually, that guide's inaccurate.
lol yeah that guide has so many errors but it's kinda fun to read.
Hypothetical Tactical Scenario 1 An eerie howling sound echoes in the distant labyrinth ahead. Moving past the piles of debris and rusting metal, the player enters a maze of tiny passages and rooms, strewn with Power-ups, and fortified with Seeker Mines. Ahead, in a dead-end passage, the player sees a Shield Power-up. Suddenly, the player's hair stands on end, as a tremendous howling comes from the darkness directly to the left of him. Whatever it is, it has arrived.
Hypothetical Tactical Scenario 2 Emerging from the darkened cave ahead, comes a shapeless mass of rusting metal and cabling with glowing eyes and a gaping toothy mouth. It rushes in and bites at the player's ship, before pummeling him with an Energy-draining tentacle, a pulverizing mallet, and a steel-shredding claw. The player fires frantically, and Afterburns out of the dead-end as quickly as possible. Seconds later, the player turns to see if he is being pursued, and sees nothing. But somewhere, there is a howling.
Hypothetical Tactical Scenario 3 Able to quickly pick up an Invulnerability Power-up before the Homunculus attacks, the player is backed into a dead-end as the gaping maw closes in to bite. Firing his Plasma Cannon rapidly as it approaches, the bot bites down hard on the Invulnerability shielding with a wrenching explosion. Apparently the Invulnerability was a "jaw-breaker" for the Homunculus.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Napalm and fusion are the best weapons to bring the Dragon down.