Is this site correct?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Is this site correct?

Post by Xamindar »

http://www.avault.com/featured/descent3 ... me=hellion

I linked the page explaining the Hellion. I don't remimber him having any offspring, or being able to blow up any walls in the cave. Or even changing weapons depending on which one you fire at him. Was this all before the patches?

Also, on the gadget bot. I don't remimber him ever refilling my shields. Or maybe I killed him too fast.

Lots of the other robot explainations seem to say a lot of things that I have never experienced in the game.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Many of the features mentioned in this and other D3 guides, including the official D3 Strategy Guide publication, were not implemented in D3 at the time of its release. They were probably production ideas, but they don't exist in the actual game. You may notice that there are sections of the ceiling in the Hellion's room that seem to be destructible but actually aren't. This is presumably where those "lava boreholes" would have been placed had they been implemented. The in-game Hellion is much simpler than this guide suggests; its weapons are multiple Frag launchers, a long-range Omega beam, and multiple high-powered Homing launchers. To kill it, all you have to do is shoot at its head. I will say, though, that some of those missing features would have made D3 singleplayer a lot more fun :).
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Top Gun wrote:You may notice that there are sections of the ceiling in the Hellion's room that seem to be destructible but actually aren't.
Yeah, I noticed that there are three. One of them even has a mega missile behind it. I found that out by telling the guide bot to go find a powerup. The guide bot then heads straight for the wall and even goes through it momentarily (i paused the game while it did that to see what was in there on the guide bot's view). But I have found no way of exploding the wall to reveal the mega. I thought that maybe only the Hellion could destroy the wall with enouph of his megas if I somehow lured him to fire there. But, now that you say that, it just looks like it wasn't fully implimented.

Thanks Top Gun!