Help disabling fan in Mercenary (~500Kb images in post)

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

kencl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Help disabling fan in Mercenary (~500Kb images in post)

Post by kencl »

Hi Folks,

Need a little help here. I'm stuck in level 3, the CED tracking station, in D3 Mercenary. I can't figure out how to disable the secondary cooling fan. The previous objective was to disable the ventilation shaft fan, which I did using the large ball.

Here are screen captures of the objective and 3 in game shots leading up to the point where I'm stuck. Hope these twig your memory :)

Thanks for the help!

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Aah, I remember this part. One of the cooler moments in Mercenary. :) Your last pic is the one that you need to look at. See that mirror at the bottom? It's showing the fan mechanism you need to destroy. However, you obviously can't get to it, because of the wind in the tunnel. So what can you do? Take a look at the walls of the tunnel...notice how there's two forcefields on the far side and one on the near side? Notice how, if you angle it right, you can deflect laser bolts off the first forcefield and hit the second? Notice that, if you try a little harder, you can get a laser bolt off of all three bolts? Put that together with what the mirror is showing you, and I think you'll figure it out. :wink:
kencl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

DOH

Post by kencl »

Oh, that's a MIRROR DOH! Can't tell you how many shot's I fired directly at it. Thanks for such a quick reply :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I did the same thing myself. :P