Level video: please leave input!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Level video: please leave input!

Post by Stryker »

This is a vid of some of the geometry of my upcoming level. There's a topic entitled "New SP MOD in development phase" in the level spotlight section, but no one seems to be very interested. At any rate, I have a flyover video of the level, if anyone's interested. I really want input from the SP community on this one.

http://www.stryker2.com/otherFiles/LevelVid.avi

File is ~ 5 meg. Please download from the server, then watch--if you want to see it twice, you can do it without killing my bandwidth.

Please leave input! I'm hoping to make this level really intense, with TONS of enemies and some sweet new weps. However, I'm not going to continue work if there isn't any interest in this.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

the file is not there.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Well, it might have been... three months ago.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

I wonder why nobody ever replied to this. :shock:
Zman
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Zman »

Dead link dude, like where do you get your stuff, cracker jack boxes???!!!!!!!! :shock:
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Zman wrote:Dead link dude
Well yeah, no crap, check the date. He posted it in December.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I actually haven't taken the file down, I've just reorganized the file system on the server. No one replied to this--at all--so I figured it wasn't worth the effort and gave up the level. I'll edit the link to make the video work.

I'd suggest trying to avoid criticizing before researching a little (looking at post dates, for example). I've pretty much given up D3 development, due to just such reasons as this.

On a side note, the video is REALLY rough due to the horrible computer I was using at the time not being able to handle running a screen capture program and D3 at the same time.
Zman
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Zman »

sorry about the criticism. Im downloading it now, so I can see what it looks like. Thanks for fixin it. again sorry for the criticism.
Zman
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Zman »

I like that level, it looks cool! Please finish it, it would be an awesome single player level.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I have some more experience with a movie editor, I have music composition programs, and I've re-started work on the level. Thus, http://www.stryker2.com/zip_files/LevelVideo.zip :)