Transparent Pyro?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Transparent Pyro?

Post by DescentMan04 »

On Level 4 in D3 *The city/train tunnel level*, at the end after fighting the mercs during the cutscene where your ship lifts off from the PTMC tower, if youre using a Phoenix or Magnum fighter *I havent seen this with the Pyro GL* to the left you see a see-thru pyro gl *I think* and its flying around down in the trench thing between the courtyard and the entrace to the office building *the one with all the powerups in it*. I just thought this was an intereesting thing and wondered if anyone else saw it before.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

if you get D3 Mercenary........you will find the answer to that question. i dont want to spoil that fun for you. go get D3 Merc
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

I HAVE D3 Merc and ive played all 7 levels and besides it having something to do with the Black Pyro I really dont know what it is... Ive seen some transparent bots in Merc and was always wondering weither that was supposed to happen or not and just thought that this transparent pyro had something to do with that but besides that I dunno what it is, I cant even really say its a pyro because I only see it for like 2 seconds and the only reason I know its a ship is because I could see the blue jet trails and the pyro is the only ship I know to have those.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

transparent means he has a cloaking device. you may find and use some yourself in the game. if not, you can try out some entropy levels (dementia mission f.i.), which also contain cloaking devices.
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

Yeah I actually use them all the time especially when I use cheat codes. The thing I was mentioning though is when I finished level 4 on retribution *D3 full retail* I saw the pyro when I shouldnt have because I already destroyed the two mercs and I was flying a phoenix so technically there shouldnt have been another ship there, this was during the exit cutscene. I just never got why this ship was there in the first place and it wasnt really doing anything besides just hovering over to the side as my ship was flying off into the sky. The bots in D3 merc sometimes go from transparent to fully visible off and on and this usually happens in fog and other such environments and I just thought this mightve been some result of that, also some of the generators and other non robot objects have gotten a semi transparent look to them because you could see some of the details of the walls and things behind them. I just dont know if anyone has noticed this, D3 Merc has been rather buggy for me ever since I tried it on Win XP and the windows flicker from transparent to fully textured but they dont do this in the retail D3 and alot of that other stuff doesnt happen either.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Spoiler (highlight to read): <font color="black">Suzuki was assassinated, remember? That's the whole reason for the Mercenary campaign.</font>
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

okay since you have Merc ill tell you what that "Cloaked" Pyro is:

It is you in Merc planting the Bomb at PTMC Tower. Image
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

Yeah I remember the whole Suzuki thing, I just didnt think that ship was there for that purpose because I didnt think those guys at outrage had thought out that whole story very much and I just figured that extra ship was merely there because of some glitch with the game, ive never seen it when I had a pyro, just with the other two ships. Besides in Merc, you start out in the sewers and not the courtyard, there isnt any way into the tower from there because the main entrance just goes into that room to transfer information to him.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

they actually had merc completed with D3, but they didnt release it till later IIRC. they just threw that cloaked pyro in there to perk your curiousness, only to have it answered when you played merc
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by AceCombat:
they actually had merc completed with D3, but they didnt release it till later IIRC.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me see you were playing the Full version when they came up with the IDEA!
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

I still dont get how that cloaked pyro got into the PTMC building in the first place. The Merc 7 level doesnt even seem to fit into that little building you see in the retail version and the front door only leads to that stupid little node room where you place the data card. There must be more to that sewer at the earlier part of the level that can only be accessed by the merc ships Image There must be alot of people using the bathroom in that city because the sewage below the city is just gross Image
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

that sewer system is servicing the entire city, and you would be very surprised how much "sh!t water" flows through the sewers all alround the world even in the most remote locations
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

Yeah I think its funny how easy you can just fly into a big corportation's headquarters like PTMC just by flying in through the sewers and just goin up a few elevators and dropping a bomb inside and the robot takes it right to Suzuki, I mean that is soooo unrealistic, thatd never happen in a real office building. Youd think the smell of the pyro being down in the sewers alone would give him away, if some survelance camera didnt catch him first. I played through that 7th level of mercenary and it was real easy for me, just dodged all the mass driver guys and destroyed the crystal things so the turrets would lay the smackdown on all the bots for me hehe Image
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

after you destroy its crystal, you can shoot at it after it FUBAR's everything in the room and destroy it, it will only acts "nuts" for soo long then it simply quits shooting and just spins around on its turret.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by BUBBALOU:
Let me see you were playing the Full version when they came up with the IDEA!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bubba, ive had D3 ever since a couple months after its release date. i was only on a crappy 38k dial up connection and i didnt know multiplayer even existed........much less would be able to play on such a crappy bandwidth
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DescentMan04 »

I suck at multiplayer anyways, always used to get blown up, although I did fry the other guys a bunch of times but I think the times they got me were almost the same if not a bit more. I tried using a joystick but could never get used to it so ive always used my keyboard, which i can dodge almost any mech in d3 but those multiplayers online were always usually faster. I wish those guys wouldve finished that D1 game port to D3 instead of just droppin it or whatever cuz I wouldve liked to have played the D1 levels in D3 and have all the new and improved graphics and robots and guns. Always liked D1 better than D2 anyways, I liked the add on missions for D2 better than the actual game cuz there was alot more to do than just blow up reactors n stuff, thats why I like D3 theres so much more room for havin extra goals and the textures and objects are just awesome, even though the game is fairly old, it still is among the best to me. I still wish I couldve played the game in a way where you could actually get outta the ship and explore some of the levels on foot like in those Peter Telep books and or have the game where you could interact with the little people more and have them be integral or at least important to the story line and have an actual purpose like Outrage supposedly said they would!!! What drives me nuts is the PTMC and CED guys wear the same outfits, either green or blue/purple, even the convicts wear the same things, a little bit of originality wouldve been nice, also it wouldve been nice to see a few different faces on them and have them doing something besides just standing there in those little rooms, thats why I liked D3Merc so much because some of the rooms actually had desks and control panels and extra stuff to give them some flavor and purpose. They shouldve worked harder on Merc though or even made it a full fledged game that couldve even rivaled D3, which b just seeing the direction they were going it wouldve been quite possible if they just worked a little bit harder and longer on it.