Descent 3 Level Editor

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent 3 Level Editor

Post by bigjoe11a »

I downloaded the level editor for Descent 3. Is there any thing better like Descent 2.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

http://www.brockart.de/descent/

D3edit is better than the old DMB2 for Descent 2. D1-2 uses a different engine than D3 does.

D1/2 - cube based
D3 - vector based
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

D3edit is hard as heck to get used to, but it becomes an incredibly powerful tool in the hands of an experienced user. Play around with it for a bit, you might get to like it. :)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

There used to be quite a lot of talk about creating a DMB3, i.e. a sort of conversion of the old modelling tool to the Descent 3 engine. It never happened, chiefly because the people who knew how to do it realised it was a bad idea.

Nonetheless, D3Edit leaves much to be desired; it essentially means Descent 3 is the slowest game I know of to develop levels for.
bigjoe11a
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Well, Not what I wanted

Post by bigjoe11a »

I downloaded it and tryed it, and I hated it. Isn't there any thing at all like DMB2. That program was a lot better. I have no Idea on what I'm doing.

Thanks

Joe
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

There is nothing like DMB2 for D3. D3 is based on making "sides" first. Then creating cubes with those sides. It's complex to learn but once you know it, you can do wonders. There are tutorials on the net. Chck www.planetdescent.com for some or some of the other web sites.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Course in the grand scheme of level editors, it's not that difficult. Other editors from that time, QERadiant and UnrealEd, are just as complicated.