D3 Level 14 help

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

hex
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

D3 Level 14 help

Post by hex »

Hi
I'm a french D3 player and i need a hint for the level 14. I search for the hidden button (interruptor). I have picked up the technician's diary and it says : "They didnt tell me where was the button, and it took one hour to find it". Now i'm in the same situation : i dont find the button !!
If someone can tell me where it is (without using rare/bizarre words, so i can understand the message :p), it should be very cool :)
thank you ^_^
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If this is the part that I'm thinking of, the clue that you need should be in the next line of that diary. I believe that the technician was told that he should "remember who he works for." Just keep that in mind. ;)

If you still can't get it, here's a more in-depth hint:
[spoiler]In the room with the beam emitter, you should see something on the wall that's related to a certain company. Just bump your ship against it to activate the switch.[/spoiler]
hex
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by hex »

Hi,
thank you for your help. i have found the "button" but now i don't know how to activate it... what means "to bump" ? to shoot ? i don't think so, so i tried to accelerate with my afterburner on the "button", and i obtain an error message (in french...). it says something like "error : low alimentation". what do i have to do ?
thank you.
Plebeian
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Plebeian »

Link to Moon's walkthrough for level 14: http://moon.descent-3.com/d3howto14.html

As for "bump", it's like a light hit/push, something along those lines. All you'd need to do is touch it with your ship.

My guess is the error you received was because you were low on energy, so you couldn't activate the afterburner.
hex
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by hex »

Thank you guys for answering so quickly :)
I soluced my problem : before pushing the switch, i had to activate the energy in the station, and i had first desactivated it because it was also turning on the robogens.
now i'm on venus for the level 15, and i hope i won't need your help :)
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

There are a couple of optional puzzles in level 15. One turns on energy centers and the other turns off the robot generators. If you need help, let us know.
hex
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by hex »

Thank you guy,
in level 15 i found the way to deactivate the robogens, then i went to kill the mech hellion and... that's all !
now i can increase my difficulty level :P
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D3 Level 14 Help

Post by DescentMan04 »

In Level 14 bump the CED sign to start the Anti-Virus Transmission.

In Level 15, to deactivate the Matcens *robot generators* throughout the base, simply shoot switches 53274 in the room behind the energy center. This will deactivate all Matcens and give you access to the sealed room next to this chamber with some excellent weapons in it. Also kill the gadget bot inside for energy and kill the squids for sheilds.

To reintalize the energy centers, go to the room with the blocked passage that has rocks in front of it and there will be 3 switches, hit the one on the far right which creates high explosives. The one on the far left jams and the one in the middle creates a medium explosive that blows up when it hits the ground. Once youve created the high explosive, roll it slowly over to the side and chuck it over as close to the rocks as you can to unseal the tunnel. Go inside and you will find a room with powerups to the left and ahead will be another deactivated energy center and beyond that is the reactor. Try the switch here to get your next objective, replace the reactor fuse. To do this, go back outside to the room with the switches that created the explosives, find the lowest passage in this room, near the broken elevator and go through this until you reach two doors, shoot these and you will pop up inside of a hallway *the doors are trapdoors in the floor of this hallway*. Be careful as you do this since there might be an active vauss tank bot to your left. Once he is dead, go to your left down the passage till you reach a section where there are breakable windows *kill the homing turret at the far end first*. Break these windows and go outside the hallway, kill all the mechs and go down towards the lava, there will be a dark passage down there, go inside and go towars the back where theres a small lava pool and you get a message that you found a secret area, here close to the lava pool is the fuse, grab it. Now go back to the reactor and simply shoot the switch and the fuse is replaced automatically and all energy centers come online and can be used. You will know youve done this when all the energy centers stop flashing and are simply lit up.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re: D3 Level 14 Help

Post by AceCombat »

DescentMan04 wrote:In Level 15, to deactivate the Matcens *robot generators* throughout the base, simply shoot switches 53274 in the room behind the energy center. This will deactivate all Matcens and give you access to the sealed room next to this chamber with some excellent weapons in it. Also kill the gadget bot inside for energy and kill the squids for sheilds.
that forcefield never drops for me. ive tried every possible sequence to get that damn thing to drop so i can get that shark in there.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It definitely drops if you use the right sequence. There is another sequence that deactivates the matcens without dropping the forcefield; that's probably what you've done in the past.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

and im telling you, it DOES NOT drop.

ive tried about 6 different sequences..... IT WILL NOT DROP on my pc.
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

5 - 3 - 2 - 7 - 4, from left to right (taken from moon's descendarium)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

ive dont that one. still wont drop
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

guess somebody up there don't like ya, bud! :P
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Boo wrote:5 - 3 - 2 - 7 - 4, from left to right (taken from moon's descendarium)
I've NEVER used that sequence.

I've always used the sequence I picked up from the GameSpot's walkthroughs.

3rd from the right
5th from the right
6th from the right
1st from the right
4th from the right

Works every time and the shield comes down. :P
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

My understanding is that the sequance can vary, and specifically that it varies depending on the skill level you are playing at.
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

TechPro wrote:
Boo wrote:5 - 3 - 2 - 7 - 4, from left to right (taken from moon's descendarium)
I've NEVER used that sequence.

I've always used the sequence I picked up from the GameSpot's walkthroughs.

3rd from the right
5th from the right
6th from the right
1st from the right
4th from the right

Works every time and the shield comes down. :P
Techpro, I belive that's the same sequence. It's just measured from the right side instead of the left :P
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

:lol:

That would explain why the "other" sequence never worked for me...
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D3 Level 14 Help

Post by DescentMan04 »

The switches give you messages on whats being turned on/turned off. Just make sure you shoot the switches in sequence to turn all matcens off without hitting a switch to turn one on that youve previously turned off. If you do it right, the forcefeild will go down.
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

The probelm there is that there's two or three ways to turn off the matcens, but only one is scripted to lower the forcefield. 'Tis confusing :oops:
fhqwgads
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

hmmm

Post by fhqwgads »

i never saw the hellion.
why