i keep having so much trouble on retribution level 4!

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

fhqwgads
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

i keep having so much trouble on retribution level 4!

Post by fhqwgads »

damn trains!
they keep hitting me. no matter where i go.
it sux
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Watch the patterns of the trains. At one point, there is enough of a gap that you have enouhg time to make it to the next cubby hole. Don't try going more than one per try.
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Level 4 Subways

Post by DescentMan04 »

Be careful of Old Scratches *the gray mechs with the long arms that whack your weapons off your ship*, they appear in the tunnels when youre trying to get to the different cubbyholes and they also appear at the various stations when you switch tracks.

However only one attacks you at a time so its easy to just destroy it or maneuver around it, either you get it or the train will.

When waiting for a gap in the trains just count them until theres a long gap between two trains and just wait for that gap again and then AB down the tunnel towards a cubbyhole or station. Especially afterburn in the 3rd and 4th tunnels because otherwise you will not make it.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re: Level 4 Subways

Post by AceCombat »

DescentMan04 wrote:Be careful of Old Scratches *the gray mechs with the long arms that whack your weapons off your ship*, they appear in the tunnels when youre trying to get to the different cubbyholes and they also appear at the various stations when you switch tracks.

However only one attacks you at a time so its easy to just destroy it or maneuver around it, either you get it or the train will.

its funny when you lure them close to the trains as they are coming...... SPLAT!!
fhqwgads
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

hrm

Post by fhqwgads »

the farthest i have gotten is the first cubby hole. flooring the abs doesnt wrk for me even if i follow almost right behind the train before me. usually the part with the big gap.
fhqwgads
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

roflroflrofl

Post by fhqwgads »

you know that thing you said about old scratches?
luring them into the trains!
rofl.
i played robo anarchy on that level and lured the theifbot into the tunnel.
sPLAt!
green robot crap everywhere!
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re: roflroflrofl

Post by Richard Cranium »

fhqwgads wrote:sPLAt!
green robot crap everywhere!
Did you get any on you?
fhqwgads
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

enh

Post by fhqwgads »

no but i hope the train driver stops in time.
:-)
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 3 Level 4

Post by DescentMan04 »

I doubt youd get any green stuff splattered on your ship unless it was like green mech fluid or something like that, these robots dont really have any organic parts even though they move like they do. Besides your sheilds would probably protect your ship from anything like that. Even if you got that kind of stuff on your ship at least you probably got people at the Mars Research facility thatd probably clean that stuff off your ship, somewhere between lvl4 and 5, they just give your ship a big hose off or something.
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Level 4 trains

Post by DescentMan04 »

the farthest i have gotten is the first cubby hole. flooring the abs doesnt wrk for me even if i follow almost right behind the train before me. usually the part with the big gap.
Youre probably not going between the "biggest" gap then, because if you pick the one with the longest time between 2 trains, you will make it every time, especially if you use AB. I dont know what the times or the patterns are like on higher difficulty levels but I assume ttheyre dealt with in a similar fashion. Just keep trying.
DescentMan04
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Level 4 Trains

Post by DescentMan04 »

no but i hope the train driver stops in time.
Maybe nobody drives them, maybe theyre just automated or have some mech brain drving them. They only seem to go down straight tracks anyways so its not like they need anyone to drive them. If they do have some sort of mech driving them though id hate to see that virus get into it, then things would be really nuts.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

The trick is to wait for the two trains that are really close together. Wait for those two to go by, and then there will be one right after it. THATS when you have a good 30 seconds of freedom to get anywhere.
fhqwgads
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent 3 Level 4

Post by fhqwgads »

DescentMan04 wrote:I doubt youd get any green stuff splattered on your ship unless it was like green mech fluid or something like that, these robots dont really have any organic parts even though they move like they do. Besides your sheilds would probably protect your ship from anything like that. Even if you got that kind of stuff on your ship at least you probably got people at the Mars Research facility thatd probably clean that stuff off your ship, somewhere between lvl4 and 5, they just give your ship a big hose off or something.
grrr. wiseass :P
and the virus would be scary.
the trains goin cgn all over the city.
seoul would become post-apocalyptic and everyone would try to flee.
they'd all die trying.
too bad theres no super-virus that would make them over-sentient and duplicate themselves and build giant dreadnoughts with the virus inside them.
even the underground cities would be toasted.
sometimes i understand why people can be so afraid of robots destroying the world and hunting and killing humans and all other life forms...

but after they're done :twisted:
then what are they gonna try and do?
kill each other?
---
oh and i did get past the trains recently.
died a few times but wth...
all in the challenge :wink:
Samuel Dravis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Samuel Dravis »

I also had a lot of trouble with that level, but I eventually got it. Save at every stop, heh. :D