Greets

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Greets

Post by VonVulcan »

Happy almost fall. Looks like the usual cast of characters are still present and accounted for. ;) I hope your all doing well. Everything good here on the home front. My eldest daughter had her first baby finally! Now we have a total of 5 grand kids! My wife and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary this year. Work is steady, going on 24 years now and I get a brand new work truck next week SWEET! Kinda miss the old Descent days though. Life go's on and life is good. :D
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: Greets

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Hi Von Vulcan,

Same here, work and life. Haven't played D in years. Just a regular chain of events where the game has run it's course. It's still installed. To me, it's still the best game ever even though the latest issue of PC Gamer didn't have in its Top 100 Game of All time.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I do not know what traditions in your country, but in Russia the 35 anniversary of living together is called "Coral Wedding." I congratulate you on this auspicious occasion, as well as adding to your family! :) By the way, if you interesting, after 5 years you will have a "Ruby Wedding" and you will need to put real rubies in your wedding rings, as this stone is a symbol of love :wink: :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Sigma, tell me the truth. How much partying goes on in Russia?
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote:Sigma, tell me the truth. How much partying goes on in Russia?
Mmm... Partying? Could you reformulate your question, so I understood what you mean, please.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

VonVulcan, congrats! You both must be very happy together since you've both stuck it out for so long. I know I am. I just had my 36th anniversary in June. It's been a great trip.
sigma wrote:
Isaac wrote: Sigma, tell me the truth. How much partying goes on in Russia?
Mmm... Partying? Could you reformulate your question, so I understood what you mean, please.
sigma, Isaac means that Russian pastime of getting thoroughly drunk while eating good food, dancing and having fun. Vodka, borscht, music and dancing! I thought that was a very popular Russian pastime?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Hey vulcan, good to see you're still around.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

About to hit 33 years myself. 7 grandkids (sofar)

good to see you back V
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Congrats!

Coincidentally, my parents reached 45 years last week...
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

tunnelcat wrote:
sigma wrote:
Isaac wrote: Sigma, tell me the truth. How much partying goes on in Russia?
sigma, Isaac means that Russian pastime of getting thoroughly drunk while eating good food, dancing and having fun. Vodka, borscht, music and dancing! I thought that was a very popular Russian pastime?
Hahha. I think sigma is trying out this new American thing called "sarcasm" .
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

No, Isaac, I really did not understand what you mean. Maybe you have the concept of "party" has only one meaning, but we have a "party" can have many meanings.

tunnelcat, if we talk about the wedding, at the wedding of Russian is not served hot soups such as borscht. Traditional Russian cuisine for the wedding - it's salads, baked whole big beluga or sturgeon, baked little pigs, baked swans (rare), dumplings, black and red caviar, and of course a lot of alcohol. While you are right that in the Russians love to celebrate a wedding, as if they live the last day :D
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Wait, did you think by "party" i was referring to "political party"? Sigma, you gotta fight for your right, to paaaaaaaaaaarty!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote:Wait, did you think by "party" i was referring to "political party"? Sigma, you gotta fight for your right, to paaaaaaaaaaarty!
Приятель, при чем тут политика? Ты же прекрасно понимаешь, что я имел ввиду, когда я использовал слово "party". If you're trying to mock me, I have NO PROBLEM to answer you the same.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Tacoma? We have a lot of people in this area it seems... DKH held a LAN up in Everett last year, not sure what his future plans are but we shall see. Since then a few more locals have started playing again... it's to the point things are (almost) getting crowded :mrgreen:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Как праздновать/вечеринке/party

1 Включить колонки

2 Включить музыку

3 Включить Водка

4 Отключить трезвым

5 Режим вечеринки: Занимается

Подготовка к вечеринке в ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ..2 .... 1
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote:
You want to say that Americans get an idea about Russia on the basis of these movies? Congratulations, you have become an expert on Russia. Nevertheless, you, as a new "expert" why have not led to compare the look as American teenagers spend time on their parties? :mrgreen:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Hey Vulcan! You're early! It's not Eggnog time yet! ;D

Yeah, the old days were fun. ^_^

I think another NW LAN is in order, but Sirus is right. There are a TON of us here in Washington and Oregon. LOL, I'm not sure that anyone has a house large enough to hold one if most of us showed up!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote: .....tunnelcat, if we talk about the wedding, at the wedding of Russian is not served hot soups such as borscht. Traditional Russian cuisine for the wedding - it's salads, baked whole big beluga or sturgeon, baked little pigs, baked swans (rare), dumplings, black and red caviar, and of course a lot of alcohol. While you are right that in the Russians love to celebrate a wedding, as if they live the last day :D
Nice food selections. I'm drooling. I guess I should have had a Russian wedding with a spread like that, but alas, I'm not Russian. :mrgreen: A little German and British blood in me and my husband though. I also happen to dislike most of British cuisine.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

In fact, if you visit the real Russian wedding, it will be one of the most exciting experiences of your life. It's such a strong set of ancient Russian rituals, traditions, ethnicity, that you will not want to leave Russia after that :)
Well, my blood has Ural Cossack blood (it is rather difficult to explain, in my case, this is mixing of the blood of different nationalities - Russian, Chechen and Tatar blood) and Russian women from the deep Russian province, if you're interested. Nevertheless, I consider myself Russian.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I hear Tatar blood makes a good sauce.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

seriously Issac?

don't be crass.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac wrote:I hear Tatar blood makes a good sauce.
In fact, in my opinion, the blood does not really matter for the conduct or a person's world outlook. Blood is only important for appearance. For example, my father looks like a real Dagestani, his behavior as that of a Dagestani or Chechen, because his childhood was spent in the Southern Urals, where at the same time a lot of lives and Ingush and Dagestani and Chechen and Uighur and Russian. Not to mention the fact that up to Bashkiria and Tatarstan, you can reach out a hand. Nevertheless, he is Russian, he holds the rank of colonel in the Cossacks.
I'm in the stairwell in my house Negro lives, but it is completely Russian, if not pay attention to the color of the skin, because it brought Russian parents. Likely still a determining factor for human self-consciousness is his upbringing, education, and of course, physique.
Fnoigy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fnoigy »

Holy crap everybody here is either a geezer or a baby!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Duper wrote:seriously Issac?

don't be crass.

Code: Select all

(.  Y .)
 )  . (
(   v  )
 \  | /
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Fnoigy wrote:Holy crap everybody here is either a geezer or a baby!
And in your opinion, geezers and children who are fans of Descent, do stupid by engaging in discussions with other fans here?