Rockband vs. Guitar Hero World Tour?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Rockband vs. Guitar Hero World Tour?

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hey, just wondering if anyone has played the latest Rockband/Guitar Hero World Tour games on XBox? Just wondering others think and I'm wondering which one I should get in the end?

I would like to pick at least one up as it seems like a good way to practice picking up on various rhythms within the music.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Rock Band 2 is the best of the two, by far. In addition to the 100 songs that come with the main game, you can actually import all of the songs from Rock Band 1 if you have that disk. DLC is also shared between the two games.

GH:WT has some decent songs in it, but it's mostly packed with songs you've never heard before that are very boring to play. It's kind of a shame that for every Crazy Train or Hotel California, you have a dozen mediocre songs. In fact, I would have preferred having just 30-40 really great songs rather than having them bloat it up to whatever it is with filler.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Yeah, I read a couple of reviews from consumers that complained that the drums were off on GH:WT and that some of the songs are in other languages if you are a vocalist or that you have to sing it exactly like the original artist did.

So it will probably be Rock Band. I'm into a lot of dancing so I'm really focused on catching beats and various instruments. I don't have a big enough living space most of the time to practice real dance steps (I can do a few things but not much) so having something else I can play to help with training my ears for rhythm really helps. Besides, it's a lot of fun. :) Though, nothing beats the real thing or even real dancing. ;)