A word about skype...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

A word about skype...

Post by Isaac »

I canceled my account with them completely a while back and I never signed up for reoccurring payments; 'pay as you go' was why I signed up with them.

Yesterday they withdrew funds from my account with out my approval. I ended up having to put a \"stop-payment\" to the transaction and changed the associated card's number. If you cancel with them I strongly suggest you do something similar. Apparently it will try to reclaim ex-clients by charging them for no reason...

AT&T does this all the time, but the difference is they have people to talk to which can fix the problem from their end, even if it takes a few arguments, keeping my bank from dealing with them.

Also, I love how easily my bank dealt with this issue.
Spooky
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Spooky »

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: Skype

Post by Isaac »

Oh yeah, I love me some, google voice.
Spooky wrote:You are right about AT&T . . . :) Got to keep an eye on them, for some reason their "bundle" prices seem to creep up and up for no apparent reason. They never seem to be able to explain why. I have canceled all but my DSL with them as a result. The price for the DSL has always stayed where it is supposed to.
They expect us not to check our bills. I have DSL for $15 a month... for the first two months they tried to charge 35. Each time they had to manually credit the account and "fix" the system to bill correctly. AT&T: Always Trick'r Tricking.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

I have Google Voice and I love it. I find it very easy to block unwanted callers. :)
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

I use payphones and a beeper.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Skype

Post by Xamindar »

Isaac wrote:I have DSL for $15 a month... for the first two months they tried to charge 35. Each time they had to manually credit the account and "fix" the system to bill correctly. AT&T: Always Trick'r Tricking.
Same exact thing happened to me with that deal. They charged $15 the first month then the next two were $33. I called them a couple of days ago and the agent had to re-enter the promo code and credit me saying it had changed for some reason. Very shady.
Why doesn't it work?