Why no Miner Wars forum?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CritterB
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Why no Miner Wars forum?

Post by CritterB »

Is there a reason there is not a Miner Wars forum on the DBB somewhere? It seems to be the closest thing to another Descent we are going to get in the near future. I'm debating whether to kick in on the alpha buy-in so I wanted to hear some feedback and there apparently isn't any, not here at least (or that I have found).

Especially since an old school Descenter (Psion) is involved with it. And is Marek Rosa the same as the (TA)Marek I remember? Just wondering. If so is there some politics I'm missing out on here as to why there is not more of Miner Wars mentioned here?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I think when a subject continues to return in different threads it might get its own section. I think we've only had 3 threads on Miner Wars since it first was announced. Maybe if we had 3 posts a week on the subject it might need its own...
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

WTF is Miner Wars?
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Why no Miner Wars forum?

Post by AlphaDoG »

CritterB wrote:Is there a reason there is not a Miner Wars forum on the DBB somewhere? It seems to be the closest thing to another Descent we are going to get in the near future. I'm debating whether to kick in on the alpha buy-in so I wanted to hear some feedback and there apparently isn't any, not here at least (or that I have found).

Especially since an old school Descenter (Psion) is involved with it. And is Marek Rosa the same as the (TA)Marek I remember? Just wondering. If so is there some politics I'm missing out on here as to why there is not more of Miner Wars mentioned here?
The simple reason is, is, HELLO this is a Descent forum. I do believe MinerWars has their own forum.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Why no Miner Wars forum?

Post by null0010 »

AlphaDoG wrote:The simple reason is, is, HELLO this is a Descent forum. I do believe MinerWars has their own forum.
There are subforums for various non-Descent 6DOF games.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Miner Wars forum really isn't necessary here. If any thing the Core Decision forum should be removed since dead in the water. Along with Event Horizon.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Gotta say I'm with CritterB on this one - I think a Miner Wars forum is a good idea (in the 6DOF section of course). I downloaded the alpha yesterday and had my first non-descent 6 DOF dogfight (with a bot :-( ) in years.

No it's not Descent, it's not finished and it's not perfect - but it is 6DOF, it is fun, it does have trichording, it is nearly complete and it would be the easiest thing to mod to a Descent clone I can imagine.

And Critter, as for my thoughts on the alpha so far - it's like a very tasty appetiser but without a lovely meal to follow. It definitely whets the appetite and gets you hungry for more, but it's unfinished - there's nothing to follow it up ...and therefore slightly frustrating.

I'll wait and see what's to come and make up our minds later. :-) $14 isn't much to spend, though I'm skeptical of them getting more than $30 US for the finished game.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Avder wrote:WTF is Miner Wars?
It's like Minor Wars, only in space.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Avder wrote:WTF is Miner Wars?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Miner+Wars
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Can we have a Metroid section? :P
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by snoopy »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:Miner Wars forum really isn't necessary here. If any thing the Core Decision forum should be removed since dead in the water. Along with Event Horizon.
Admins are saving themselves the effort this time.
Blaze
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blaze »

Miner Wars isn't on store shelves, so no forums. :P

Since when do you guys know anything about Metroid? :P
CritterB
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by CritterB »

Lol Snoopy and thanks for the replies everyone. I was just wondering since there were other 6dof forums but I guess none of those are still kicking either.

And thanks for the info Gekko. I figured someone here had to have tried it out by now. I'm seriously jonesing for a new Descent so I hope they pull it off.

I don't mind kicking in $14 as long as it's going to keep progressing. I did get my 9 year old girl playing some D1 the other day though. She wants to play me on the lan. I think we need to do some co-op first so I don't whoop her and scare her away.

Although it's been so long since I played she might beat me. :P