Heat wave

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re: Heat wave

Post by MD-2389 »

Nice to see you're all still one big happy family...
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

okay flip? I'm guessing you're about the same age of me so I think you'll understand me when I say this: the way you wrote your posts gave us reason to believe you were pushing your kids past the breaking point. Krom may be young, but he's sharp as a tack, so don't be so dismissive of him. He was being sarcastic to you to reflect the way you wrote your posts.

And most of the people here that you disagreed with only wrote those posts because they were fairly concerned. they didn't know what the story was and the way you wrote your posts didn't really help matters either.

There's also a limit to what the body can take and you need years to acclimate to a certain climate. you can't just throw someone in high heat and expect them to perform, especially when they're not used to it. But you're right on one thing. Keeping yourself hydrated is priority number one, especially if it's strenuous work. I know this because i've worked in jobs that I know even you would never do. and in high heat too.

Toss someone a water bottle next time you need them to work alongside you.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I don't think anyone here is a dumbass, in fact i can't think of anyone on this board I wouldn't consider sharp, ok maybe I'm being generous :P. Most everything i say is joking around and just in case anyone is really worried about me, if one of my kids does pass out and die from the heat, I have a well I can hide the body in so I should be OK. :P. Now, if I had said that on the job, most everyone would have laughed and asked if maybe there was room for one of theirs :P.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

One of these days it will come back to haunt you.
Not if he's in the damn well. :P We spent 5 hours out in it yesterday, They are coming along nicely and it's fun to watch. At first, they walked all slumped over and whined a lot, but their pleas were ignored. Now, when we start, they just whine a lot at first, but now even they are appreciating the biological fact that if you want to strengthen yourself, you must push yourself a little harder each time. Here's the damndest thing, we were walking out of the store yesterday. We were soaked with sweat and walking like cro-magnum's out of the store with some drinks. It was about 98 degrees. Well, there was this big black guy standing next to a nice black BMW and his wife muttered something about the heat, and he responded "If there is a war, he's gonna be in charge." I found it somewhat worrisome that well-educated and we to do people are discussing "war", but he's right. If the ★■◆● hits the fan, you better be in good enough shape to dance. I have beat the ★■◆● out of guys that outweighed me by 70-80 pounds not by being physically stronger, smarter or having a better technique. I would just let them rage awhile until they were so tired they could hardly even pick up their own arms. Get out of the house you pussies, go redline yourself everyday and you will find that redline increases each time.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Back on topic:

So glad I don't work outside anymore! :P
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams