Ass whooping

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Ass whooping

Post by CUDA »

Bet ya never saw that one coming

go Hawks
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Ass whooping

Post by Top Gun »

I was generally leaning towards wanting Manning, but either way, that was the worst Super Bowl I can remember seeing. The viewership probably dropped by half at the start of the third quarter.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Except in the Pacific Northwest, of course. :)

Yeah, that wasn't the kind of game I expected Peyton Manning to deliver. His scoring drive was the one time he really looked like himself. I'm happy for the guys up here but he didn't really deserve that.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Sirius wrote:Except in the Pacific Northwest, of course. :)

Yeah, that wasn't the kind of game I expected Peyton Manning to deliver. His scoring drive was the one time he really looked like himself. I'm happy for the guys up here but he didn't really deserve that.
Yeah Sirius, I'm 100% with you there.
I'm a Hawks fan. Have been since the Zorn/Largent days. I was kinda rooting for Manning, but yeah. ouch. I didn't was to see that.

Huh, Largent is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Oklahoma's 1st district. Cool!
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I was hoping for a Richard Sherman knee injury, but the ankle injury will have to be good enough.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Jeff250 wrote:I was hoping for a Richard Sherman knee injury, but the ankle injury will have to be good enough.
Really? I like the guy more for turning off the filter and letting us see the jacked up game face. I'd also be kinda pissed if the guy had just blown me off after the game.

I guess I just have more respect for genuine honesty than I do for the idea that the PC filter has to be on 100% of the time - the guy had just finished putting his money where his mouth was... and got dissed when he was trying to be a good sport... let him enjoy it a little bit.

Also: I guess the Seahawks had the formula for beating Manning... man up against the rest of the guys 1 on 1 and push them around a bit. It's tough to be a QB when you have people in your face all day.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Sirius wrote:Except in the Pacific Northwest, of course. :)

See... I think Peyton did just fine. He was taking what they gave him, and he was avoiding sacks. He had no protection, and his bread and butter dink and dunks were getting nothing after the catch. The D just gave him very little time and executed on tackles after the catch all night.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

my Comcast HD Receiver actually DIED on me right at about 3:00 remaining in 3rd Qtr.

i think it was telling me , nothing more to see, move on to BF4 :lol: :shock: :mrgreen:
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Football. How quaint. :mrgreen:
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

How many Broncos does it take to change a flat?

One. But if it's a blowout the whole team shows up.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

snoopy wrote:Really? I like the guy more for turning off the filter and letting us see the jacked up game face. I'd also be kinda pissed if the guy had just blown me off after the game.

I guess I just have more respect for genuine honesty than I do for the idea that the PC filter has to be on 100% of the time - the guy had just finished putting his money where his mouth was... and got dissed when he was trying to be a good sport... let him enjoy it a little bit.
If his being a "good sport" is getting a 15 yard penalty and $7800 fine for unsportsmanlike conduct for throwing a choking sign at the opposing team's quarterback and slapping another player on the ass, then I don't want to see him when he's being a bad sport! And I think that proclaiming yourself the best cornerback in the league is a better example of pretentious egotism than demonstrating "genuine honesty"!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I have no doubt that Sherman has a "look at me I'm a badass" act going on. On further reading I suspect that it is just an act - to try to lure opponents into doing dumb things (think we had a few people like that on Kali in the old days actually) - but I'm not exactly surprised it doesn't make him very likeable.

AceCombat - you missed the Broncos finally scoring, as I'm sure you now know, but the game was pretty much already over.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

The game was over after the first 2 broncos plays.

The safety 12 seconds in.
The second was when Manning completed the short pass over the middle to Thomas, and Cam Chancellor de-cleated his ass, setting the tone for the rest of the game that Seattle was going to physically beat Denver the remainder of the game.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

So what were most people watching on TV once the Superbowl was over?

the second half :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The Kitten Bowl was a pretty good alternative. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

CUDA wrote:The game was over after the first 2 broncos plays.

The safety 12 seconds in.
The second was when Manning completed the short pass over the middle to Thomas, and Cam Chancellor de-cleated his ass, setting the tone for the rest of the game that Seattle was going to physically beat Denver the remainder of the game.
Yeah, that safety on the first play of the game :roll:
I don't really watch football anymore, but I thought I would watch because of the hype about the #1 offense vs. the #1 defense - I barely made it through the first quarter.
si vis pacem, para bellum