Smoked out

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Smoked out

Post by Tunnelcat »

Choke, gag! Going outside is suffocating! There's now a fire north of us in the valley near Willamina and it's really smoking us out. It's also adding to smoke blowing in from fires in eastern Washington coming down the Columbia Gorge and it's all settling here! It's so thick you can almost cut it with a knife. I went out early this morning to the store and now I wish I'd brought along my camera (me with no cell phone). The sun was just rising and was absolutely blood red. It looked like a stop light. By the time I got back, it was too high in the sky to be red anymore, so I didn't bother to take the picture. But this is the first time I've seen the Weather Channel put the word "smoke" in our weather forecast.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Smoked out

Post by Ferno »

Find yourself an N95 rated mask, and keep those windows shut.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I've got an electronic air filter on my HVAC system, so it's getting most of it out of the house air. I didn't even go outside to do any work it was so bad yesterday. Today, it's a little better, but smoke is now coming up from the fires in southern Oregon. I think the Willamette valley is a smoke magnet. We need RAIN real bad! In fact, I might just have to change the signature under my avatar since it hasn't rained much in this area for over 2 years. People here don't rust now, they desiccate. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Might have something to do with this.

[youtube]q71cMRGXx9o[/youtube]
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sacrilege and heresy! Thouest must never utter such nonsense! :P
Viper1999
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Viper1999 »

Is the temperature in Fahrenheit? I only know Celsius where i'm at.
*yawn*, now where was I again...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You can always pretend that you are in Beijing. :P
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

The smoke has been quite noticeable all the way down here in Denver for a few days now. Enough to irritate my eyes.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Probably because the fire in Washington State is the largest in their recorded history.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/08/ ... 440498975/

It's still smoky here, though not a bad as it was days ago. All you have to do it is look up in the sky to see smoke streaks in the higher atmosphere. No matter which way the wind blows, there is a fire burning somewhere in Oregon, California, Idaho or Washington that brings smoke in our direction. Rain is forecast for this weekend and I hope it doesn't fizzle out this time.

Washington

Oregon, Washington, Idaho

California