We had a break-in...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

We had a break-in...

Post by Nightshade »

Some losers tried to steal from my business- probably thinking it was a video game store full of Xboxes or some such thing.

They drove past real slow, a guy got out holding a piece of concrete under his sweatshirt and walked to the front door (which is glass.)

When he finally did break in, I theorize that he couldn't see jack (because it's pitch black in there) except for the candy counter which has a little light showing on it from the drink fridge.

Even though he didn't steal anything of substance, he still cost us $400.00 in damages to the store.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: We had a break-in...

Post by Isaac »

That sucks.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Come on, Nightshade! :) You paid this clown to get insurance :wink:
There is a better way. You buy wrecked a new model Maserati. Restore it little, pay the insurance agent he has insured it as a new. And again to crash this car :lol:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

★■◆● thieves. Worthless scum of the earth. You might need a really nasty dog, or else a flamethrower that lights off when the door glass is broken (just kidding). The bastard's sporting a black goatee from the looks of the video and if his car looks like what I think it is, he's got expensive tastes in SUV's. Note that funny angled back C pillar in the video when he first cruises by. It's kind of a signature body style.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

tunnelcat wrote:★■◆● thieves. Worthless scum of the earth. You might need a really nasty dog, or else a flamethrower that lights off when the door glass is broken (just kidding). The bastard's sporting a black goatee from the looks of the video and if his car looks like what I think it is, he's got expensive tastes in SUV's. Note that funny angled back C pillar in the video when he first cruises by. It's kind of a signature body style.

Yep. That's what we figured, TC. It was a Lexus- so basically his buddy was driving the car cruising by, dropped him off, then turned around and waited for him to run out of the store. You can see the guy waiting in the car as the thief breaks in and then runs out.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The guy was not too bright as he was full face on to the camera. Hopefully the cops will I.D. him.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Ugh, that really sucks. I hope they can identify the perp, and press charges.

Did you lose any business hours during cleanup/repair? (I imagine that would be the larger loss.)
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Foil wrote:Ugh, that really sucks. I hope they can identify the perp, and press charges.

Did you lose any business hours during cleanup/repair? (I imagine that would be the larger loss.)
Just a few minutes' worth when I discovered the mess. Just worried that customers will think this is a seedy neighborhood. It's not, but this can happen to anyone anywhere.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

woodchip wrote:The guy was not too bright as he was full face on to the camera. Hopefully the cops will I.D. him.
As close as he got, the cameras are still woefully inadequate. I'm 99% sure he won't be caught.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

tunnelcat wrote:★■◆● thieves. Worthless scum of the earth. You might need a really nasty dog, or else a flamethrower that lights off when the door glass is broken (just kidding). The bastard's sporting a black goatee from the looks of the video and if his car looks like what I think it is, he's got expensive tastes in SUV's. Note that funny angled back C pillar in the video when he first cruises by. It's kind of a signature body style.
April of this year I had a dual catback exhaust upgrade done on my 04 Nissan Pathfinder. Just a normal looking SUV. Last weak some schmuck tried to take the exhaust tips off my car. Surprise the tips are welded to the pipes. It's disgusting what people will do.

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Nightshade wrote:
woodchip wrote:The guy was not too bright as he was full face on to the camera. Hopefully the cops will I.D. him.
As close as he got, the cameras are still woefully inadequate. I'm 99% sure he won't be caught.
I see you guys have a merry life in Dallas!

[youtube]ZGX_H4yh9Qo[/youtube]
[youtube]YyRrXS2mz6s[/youtube]
[youtube]M1nPhVOAd0I[/youtube]
[youtube]-SNeKTIEbr4[/youtube]
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Our little shop has been lucky so far. Of course, my business is paper pushing and we try not to hold onto sensitive info. If a someone would break in, they'd probably just steal our cleaning supplies, toiletries, and pens. Oh, and our pig. It goes oink when you squeeze it.
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Funny, I go oink also when you squeeze me.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:
April of this year I had a dual catback exhaust upgrade done on my 04 Nissan Pathfinder. Just a normal looking SUV. Last weak some schmuck tried to take the exhaust tips off my car. Surprise the tips are welded to the pipes. It's disgusting what people will do.

If you think that's bad, say you own a truck that's sits high off the ground. The jerks will just slide themselves under and cut out your expensive catalytic converter with a pipe cutter and no one can see or hear them doing it. You won't know it until you fire up your engine the next day either.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Some jackass ripped the tags off my license plate once. That was fun when I got pulled over and had to show the cop proof that I'd bought em. Had to re-buy them that year.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

This is a magnified view of the perp:

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, looks like a young white, or maybe Mediterranean, male with very dark hair and a goatee to match. Unfortunately, it's not a clear enough image to really identify him.
woodchip wrote:Funny, I go oink also when you squeeze me.
I thought you laughed maniacally when squeezed? :P
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Nightshade wrote:This is a magnified view of the perp:

Nightshade, don't disgrace yourself, your avatar looks too funny next to this photo.
If you want to catch it, go to the police, find witnesses, find recordings from other cameras, make provocation, catch and feed him three kilos of M&M's, until then, until he begins to vomit these candys. Sue him, put him to the maximum prison term with the payment of compensation. If you are not going to do anything, maybe he will come again.