How to set your house on fire...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

How to set your house on fire...

Post by Nightshade »

This guy is just a genius...

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: How to set your house on fire...

Post by Avder »

I thought he had it there when he was beating the fire out with a blanket or whatever that was.

Some people just should not be allowed near anything specifically designed to make fire.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Yeees, this guy is bad firefighter. Someone should give him a birthday handheld fire extinguisher with best wishes and detailed fire prevention instructions.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

People who don't own a fire extinguisher are idiots. My sister once lit a fire in her bedroom when I was in the 7th grade. She was trying to use water to put it out, which did nothing. I used a fire extinguisher and it killed it in one shot. My point is, depending on water from the faucet is slow and won't work on all kinds of fires.

This year, I was asked to help work on an very old computer. I drove up to a pretty new and good sized house. It probably had 5 bedrooms. Before starting I asked where their nearest fire extinguisher was located. I've had small sparks come out old computers, so it's a good question to ask.

My buddy replies, "hu hu hu.. we don't have one."

"Do you have a death wish or something?" I ask as condescending as I could.

"Hu hu hu.. yeah!", he says with a big grin on his face. I stopped working on the computer. The guy wasn't dumb. However, I wasn't sure why buying a new one wasn't on his list of priorities.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol Isaac...

Anyone who puts a cardboard box over an open flame expecting it to go out has a few life lessons to learn. ;)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, as I was watching the video I said a couple times "Stop trying to put out a fire by hitting it with stuff that burns!".

There were several opportunities to put it out. Instead of a basin filled with water, he should have brought a wet towel for instance. Or if he had gone for the blanket first and instead of trying to beat the fire to death with it, had instead thrown the blanket on top of the fire and then held it down to properly smother it. Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for the guy, but it was totally his fault.