I am back

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

sudanamaru back
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: I am back

Post by sudanamaru back »

Mathieu equation solutions allows stability of system which is normally ustable by inducing vibration. However Mathieu eq. typical solution provides stability only in one degree of freedom. Therefore as in the experiments stability in multiple degrees is achived, these results should be considered as new solutions. It would be serioury hard to have mathematical model of these systems, but Mathieu eq. guideness is helpful anyway.
And in what area could have a practical application of the results of your work, in your opinion, in case of success?
For application in levitation of macroscopic bodies, setups having mutiple magnets instead of single dipole magnet offers better solutions. I did not see yet a killer application because the vibration is the least wanted thing in a mechanical design.
It would also be extremely curious to see these processes with superconductors, if you were doing such experiments.
I meant new directions in understanding the superconductivity, not using superconductors.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

If I understand correctly, the ultimate goal of solution stability of the body (or bodies) is to obtain the maximum energy conversion efficiency from it with minimal energy costs. But why in that case do you think is more promising to seek a solution to this problem in quite difficult to obtain stability of levitation of objects in electrostatically focused alternating electric field, and not in levitation of superconductors or diamagnetic levitation?
sudanamaru back
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

If I understand correctly, the ultimate goal of solution stability of the body (or bodies) is to obtain the maximum energy conversion efficiency from it with minimal energy costs.
Although energy and stability are related, but not this way: In general a system is (more) stable when its energy is minimum. Consider a coin on a table. When it lies flat, it is stable,but if you are able to put it standing, it is not so stable, because you can take it down and extract energy from it by little touch. Same for the chemistry. Ash is more stable than wood.

In my videos, floating magnets are in stable conditions however stability is more or less delicate.
But why in that case do you think is more promising to seek a solution to this problem in quite difficult to obtain stability of levitation of objects in electrostatically focused alternating electric field, and not in levitation of superconductors or diamagnetic levitation?
These experiments have nothing with electric and electrostatic, they are purely magnetic basis. Videos shows the stable levitation is achieved in various ways. Check the earlier video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pOxn5HIm8. See how the floating magnet stand to jerks.

In HTSC superconductors, the Meissner effect is very cool and not completely understood. It is described as magnetic flux lines get 'pinned' in small vortexes holes through the superconductors. OTH, diamagnetic levitation is very weak and not practical unless you produces several Tesla fields.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Clear.

Well, I can only wish you good luck in finding a new schemes levitation of macroscopic bodies in this case.

In the meantime, I think you will be also interested to order this beautiful levitating lamp, to be able to get it for Christmas :wink:

[youtube]CMG7x_2CjHI[/youtube]
sudanamaru back
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Very cute. These applications generally uses electronic active stability control. This method is very good and used in industrial apps too. I found another scaled up application which hover a chess board made by crealev.
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Hey - Ive been here since Nov 98.. what do I get?
Technically its been since 96 but the Database was corrupted or domain name lost or something so had to start over. I forget the whole story.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

This is what you get...
1369610698080.jpg
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com