Infinity: Battlescape (I-Novae Studios)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Infinity: Battlescape (I-Novae Studios)

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Just wanted to throw this up here in case anyone wants to get in before this is over. i-Novae Studios's is currently involved in their Infinity: Battlescape Kickstarter. They've met their goal ($300,000--which I felt was overly modest), and as of this posting there are 37 hours to go. The big deal about this game is "a seamless, procedurally generated, true to scale solar system!" After watching a bunch of videos, and looking over their Kickstarter, I can tell you it's impressive. I only just found out about it the other day.

[youtube]TJqkiNAuBrw[/youtube]

[youtube]aaEKgiYApCU[/youtube]

[youtube]dp8RTHR0HWQ[/youtube]
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Infinity: Battlescape (I-Novae Studios)

Livestream right now...

[youtube]4hI57WPvUg8[/youtube]
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Great Live Stream Video! Group flying! (click the link below it to skip to some neat group goofing/flying!)

[youtube]AiG78zUSdJc[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/v/AiG78zUSdJc?a ... start=1590
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

$250 Pledge level gets you "Access to the latest internal builds of the game (est. January 2016 or sooner)". This includes the combat prototype being played in their videos so far.

[rationalization] Jan 2016 - Sept 2017 = 20 months... $250/20 = $12.50/mo. [/rationalization] :mrgreen:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I've been watching this one for years. Sadly I will wait until it's out before buying.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Serge, you got Dev Access prototype? If you have already tried, record video please.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

It's comforting to see the exposed wire syndrome is still around even in the far off future.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Yeah, they released it at the end of February. There are already quite a few videos up, Sigma, if you check out YouTube. And it looks like some fans are planning to do some concerted events coming up toward the end of March specifically for shooting video with more player activity. If there's something specific you're interested in I'd be happy to record it next time I play. Unfortunately I don't know if I have the bandwidth to do a Twitch stream (I might check into it). :)

There were a few changes from the KS version of the prototype to the dev release...
-My beloved mini-Millenium Falcon is nowhere to be seen. A neat-looking bomber with fighter flight specs in its place for now, and its cockpit is yet untextured.
-No water (post-update performance issues).
-The biggest, coolest space station is gone until they fix the fact that it apparently caused a significant performance hit.

At this point there is only a single "planet"--basically a very raw, almost placeholder gas giant--with 3 "moons" (little planets) around it: one lava, one more moon-like but with a color leaning a little more toward sulfur, and one more earth-like (again, no water at this point). The sun way off in the distance is even more of a placeholder, being just a large, white circle that disappears once you fly though it.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Frankly speaking, watch the video of this game for me has long been the best relaxing video before bedtime. Much better than the videos of the landscapes of tropical Islands and coral reefs on cable TV channels.
Just the latest video demo of the prototype for me seemed too raw, so I wonder what it looks like from you.
Of course, I would like to try it, so I would be interested in absolutely everything about this game. Especially videos, comments and reviews.